Why Choose this Training Course?
If you are working in a commercial organisation, you need to understand contracts and contracting. Many people, at some point in their careers have to deals with understanding, changing, enforcing, performing or even terminating contracts. This Contract Excellence for Non-Legal Professionals training course will ensure that you develop your contract development awareness and skills.
This Contract Excellence for Non-Legal Professionals training course is essential for all personnel within the organisation. Every organisation relies on contracts to protect the interests of the company and manage risk effectively. It is imperative that everyone in the organisation understands the issues and processes involved in a contracting scenario.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- Analysing contract making techniques
- How contract negotiation skills can be developed
- Exploring innovative contracting strategies
- How contracts can effectively allocate and manage risk
- Examination of specific contract clauses
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Recognise the structure and purpose of contracts
- Show how different structures can be used in different situations
- Improve the ability of managers to communicate with contracts personnel
- Illustrate some of the pitfalls that exist within commonly-used contract clauses
- Construct and control contract negotiations and management
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Project or Construction professionals
- Tenders, Contracts, Buyers, Purchasing, Financial personnel,
- Those from a Project Management or General Management background
- Those new to the function, preparing for a major project, or experienced managers looking for a refresher
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilise a variety of proven sophisticated learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes high levels of participant discussion, group interaction, delegate group exercises and case studies. The training is designed to be dynamic and highly interaction as well as educational.
Delegates are encouraged to raise their own issues and problems faced within their industry or organisations for discussion on a confidential basis. There will be time allocated for one to one discussions with a leading expert and practitioner in contract negotiation and development.
The Course Content
Day One: The Basis of Contracting
- Why we use contracts?
- Legal requirements for a valid contract
- Oral contracts
- Electronic contracts
- Terms and conditions of the contract
- Authority to contract
Day Two: Risk and Different Contracting Types
- How to assess and manage risk
- Traditional contract types
- Modern contract types
- Bonds and Guarantees
- Letters of Intent
- Which Law, which court?
Day Three: Major Contract Terms
- Obligation to perform
- Defective goods
- Liability issues
- Indemnities and Insurance
- Intellectual property
- Force Majeure
Day Four: Changes and Variations, Payment and Close-out Issues
- Changes and Variations
- Payment issues
- Letters of Credit
- Warranty claims
- Suspension and Termination
- Contractual issues on close out
Day Five: Negotiation, Avoidance and Resolution of Disputes
- Negotiation, compromise and settlement
- Expert Determination
- Dispute Review Boards
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course