Why Choose this Training Course?
The role of the Trainer is constantly changing. Changing to meet new demands, new technology, new challenges and new audiences. This exciting and relevant training course will equip you to deliver memorable courses with a high and lasting impact.
This practical and fun AZTech training course will provide you with the tools and competencies to facilitate, lead and develop professional training in your organisation. Led by an internationally recognized Trainer, who will demonstrate many of the techniques taught and give you an opportunity to develop your own knowledge, skills and attitude (KSA).
This training course will feature:
- Designing effective training programs
- Adult learning and learning styles
- The competencies of successful trainers
- Choosing appropriate learning methods
- Evaluating the delivery of training
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Plan and deliver a training session
- Discuss how to deal with the needs of different audiences
- Evaluate the appropriate use of adult learning techniques
- Describe the ORID principles for group facilitation
- Analyze various methods for evaluating training
- Write effective learning objectives based on the Bloom Taxonomy
Who is this Training Course for?
This training course is beneficial to any professional who wishes to develop their knowledge and skills in training others and who is involved in classroom or on-the-job training.
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Training Officers, Training Specialist, Training professionals & Training Managers
- Those working in or transferred to a training, learning and development role
- Managers or supervisors responsible for the training of others
- Experienced training, learning and development staff who want to refresh their skills
- Anyone involved in talent management, Nationalisation programmes, business partnering or on-the-job training
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes many practical sessions and activities.
There will also be practical sessions where participants will deliver a presentation and receive immediate video coaching and feedback from the instructor and the group.
The Course Content
Day One: Adult Learning and Learning Styles
- The training cycle: an overview
- The importance of adult learning styles
- Characteristics of the adult learner – how they differ from children
- Learning styles – and how to assess them
- Cognitive overload research and what it tells us about training
Day Two: Characteristics of Successful Trainers
- The various roles for training professionals
- Facilitation: an overview
- Presenter and facilitator: what’s the difference?
- Facilitator competencies & self-assessment
- Four guiding principles for facilitators (ORID)
Day Three: Training Methods, Activities and Exercises
- Using icebreakers and educational games
- Advantages and disadvantages of different activities/methods
- Planning and structuring exercises
- Brainstorming: you may have been doing it wrong
- Using SWOT, PESTEL and Force Field Analysis with groups
Day Four: Designing Training Programs
- Setting ground rules
- Steps to prepare an effective presentation
- Why educational objectives are essential
- The levels of training evaluation
- Calculating a cost-benefit analysis
Day Five: Presenting and Delivering Effective Training
- Presentation skills and overcoming fear
- The key elements of presenting
- Handling questions from the group
- Cultural issues in training
- Getting feedback from others
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course
- The HRCI Approved Provider Seal and the corresponding Re-certification Credit Hours Awarded will be reflected in the Certificate of Completion
HR Certification Institute's® (www.HRCI.org) official seal confirms that AZTech Training & Consultancy meets the criteria for pre-approved recertification credit(s) for any of HRCI’s eight credentials, including SPHR® and PHR®.