Professional Recognition and Accreditations
- This is an ILM (Institute of Leadership and Management) Endorsed Programme*
Why Choose this Course?
This course will give emphasis on the Management’s key role of setting the organization’s strategic direction. This course supports the development of high-level strategy skills for middle to senior Managers wanting to gain or refresh their knowledge of strategic planning and increase confidence in the use of corporate planning tools and approaches. This may include the ability to align the organisation’s internal capabilities to unpredictable external factors, which is crucial for success.
This course will help delegates to understand the global context in relation to their business, as well as develop skills and confidence to boost performance and enable them to develop and sustain their organisation’s performance for the future.
This course will feature:
- Review of business and economic context for your business
- Tools and techniques used in strategy development
- Use of strategic thinking: innovation approaches
- How organisational culture supports or prevents innovation
- Leadership qualities needed to inspire, motivate and engage with Staff
What are the Goals?
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Develop good Vision and Mission statements in support of strategy formulation
- Carry out stakeholder analyses to enable management of diverse interests
- Relate leadership qualities to culture and strategy development
- Develop a systems thinking view of organisations
- Turn strategy into business and operational plans
Who is this Course for?
This course is most suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Those who are looking to sharpen their analytical skills and strategic leadership effectiveness
- Team Leaders/Supervisors taking on additional strategic leadership responsibilities
- Team Leaders/Managers taking on a more senior and strategic role in their organisation
- Department Heads/Managers working in a culture seeking innovative approaches to business development
- Middle/Senior Managers wanting to refresh their thinking and gain confidence in the use of strategic management tools
How will this be Presented?
This course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented.
The Tutor will offer an interactive and participative workshop style that will challenge managers and encourage new thinking. The tutor will also guide and facilitate learning and individual reflection, as well as using direct input, discussions, case studies, exercises and video.
The Course Content
Day One: The Strategizing Process
- Why strategize: 21st century changes and challenges?
- Psychological aspects of decision making
- Strategic thinking – who, how, when & why
- Examples of strategy success and failure
- The functions and capabilities of a strategic manager
- Culture and strategic choices
Day Two: The Strategic Process
- Impact of external change: competitive positioning, technology, regulation
- Innovation: Blue v Red Ocean strategies
- The strategy hierarchy
- Realising the strategies: making them happen
- Recognising & reacting to disruptive competition
- Competitive positioning
Day Three: Strategic Management Skills
- Leadership theories & styles
- Attributes of successful leaders
- Strategic skills: traits or contextual
- Visioning, communicating & framing
- Team and organisation perspectives on implementing strategies
- Leading others through the strategic process
Day Four: Managing the Culture
- The significance of corporate culture
- Facets of culture: the cultural web
- The Leaders role in establishing the culture
- Managing in a multi-cultural corporation
- Impact of culture on strategy roll out
- Challenges of mergers & acquisitions
Day Five: Tactics and Plans
- Employing tactics to achieve objectives
- What type of plan?
- Owning and implementing plans
- Strategic execution: budgeting, forecasting & adjusting to reality
- Aligning corporate to individual objectives
- A culture of learning
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the course.
- ILM Endorsed Certificate for delegates who successfully attend and pass the required assessment.
AZTech is an ILM (Institute of Leadership & Management) Recognised Provider and offers a number of Endorsed Management and Leadership programmes. Aside from AZTech’s Certificate of Completion, delegates will be able to pursue ILM Endorsed Certification (which typically involves passing an additional study, either a work based assignment or on-demand assessment) after the conclusion of this ILM endorsed programme.