Why Choose this Training Course?
This revamped and updated Security Management and Asset Protection Advanced training course expands on our previous and successful programme, now covering more aspects of security management including the critical advanced elements of scope, procedures and practices. It provides an enhanced definition of what the discipline is all about and explains the value and cost benefit analysis it brings to the organisation.
Security Management and Asset Protection Advanced training course investigates the work of the security professional and the imperative and essential contributions they make to keep assets protected from a wide range of threats. Uncovering core methodologies so equipping delegates with the ability to think swiftly and critically, a much sought-after skill for today’s security professional.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- In depth view of the Roles & Responsibilities of the Security Manager
- Threat, Vulnerability, Risk & Impact
- Security Design, Risk Analysis & Surveying
- Security Operations Management
- Twelve Key Principles of Security Manpower Management
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Develop the capacity to create an organisational culture of Security
- Identify all organisational vulnerabilities and various criminal threats
- Excel in manpower management, motivation and leadership skills
- Fully understand the concepts of risk management, physical premises security, business continuity, emergency response and contingency planning
- Gain knowledge of counter-measures for fraudulent activities, data protection and cyber security
Who is this Training Course for?
Those existing Security professionals wishing to benefit and take their professional development to the highest levels within the security profession and those who may have responsibility for the subject but who have not had sufficient time to develop the necessary skills. Whether your organisation is public or private, international or national, on a large or modest scale, industrial, commercial or government based. If you are responsible for the Security of your premises, personnel and visitors, then this Advanced Security Management course is perfect for you.
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Security Supervisors and Managers
- HSSE & Fire Personnel
- Facility or Building Managers
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes a comprehensive e-manual, PowerPoint presentations, handouts, exercises, selected case studies and videos.
The Course Content
Day One: Roles, Responsibilities and Key Issues of Security Management
- Strategic and Operation Management
- Effective Security Management Styles
- Necessary understanding to identify, address and manage risk
- Crime Management and Prevention
- Manpower Management – 12 key principles
- Achieving organisational goals, targets and objectives
Day Two: The Importance of Security Planning
- Essential legislation, legal obligations, using minimum force
- Creating an organisational culture of Security
- Customer relations - Reputation of the Security Function
- Planning and Managing Security Projects
- Key Principles of Emergency Response Teams, the role of Security
- On-Scene Incident Management
Day Three: Security Surveying - Threats to Assets
- Understanding Loss
- Key Point Identification
- Security, Risk and Vulnerability Analysis
- When and how to conduct an effective Security Survey
- Intellectual Property, Data Protection and Cyber Security
- Security Survey Report, making Effective Recommendations
Day Four: Principals of Asset Protection – Physical Security
- Perimeter Security design principles
- Buildings Security design principles and Access Control
- Communication Strategies and Security Control Centres
- Managing Investigations & Interviewing techniques
- Special Risks – Key issues of Terrorism
- Key Elements of Evacuation Planning
Day Five: Security Operations Management
- Managing Guarding Operations
- Crisis Management Plans, Procedures and Implementation
- Business Continuity Plans
- Mutual Aid – who else can or should be involved?
- Dealing with Social Media
- Personnel Security and protection of “at risk” individuals
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course