Why Choose this Training Course?
This training course will provide participants with an insight into the fundamentals of managing Modern and Effective Security Operations. This AZTech training course will address a wide variety of topics such as security policies and procedures, risk management, access management and investigation, to enable all participants to understand the principles of security and risk management.
Management of security risks applies the principles of risk management to the management of security threats. It consists of identifying threats (or risk causes), assessing the effectiveness of existing controls to face those threats, determining the risks' consequence(s), prioritising the risks by rating the likelihood and impact, classifying the type of risk and selecting an appropriate risk option or risk response.
This AZTech training course will provide practical and up-to-date security management skills and techniques that can be implemented within each participant’s organisation and security team. Through daily classroom simulations, test your ability to work under pressure in crisis situations and respond to common problems you may face in your daily operations.
A Security Operations Manager must have oversight of the multiple activities performed in day-to-day operations, while keeping on top of continuous regulatory development. This training course validates your ability to manage your team, suppliers, resources, and business processes in line with current industry standards. You will learn all the necessary security measures in response to dynamic security demands.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- Developing your ability to respond to security situations
- Interpreting the latest international regulatory requirements
- Improving professionalism in your facility by developing and implementing effective solutions
- Identifying and managing security risks
- Preparing Risk Matrixes and determining consequences of events
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Apply basic concept of management to security and explain the specialist role of the security manager
- Plan, develop and organise the human and material resources necessary for the effective operation of a security unit
- Advise on the development of security programs and Standard Operating Procedures
- Monitor and enforce the implementation of security programs and SOPs
- Verify that security personnel are able to implement security preventive measures
- Advise on the development of emergency plans and manage the security response action necessary in security emergencies involving facilities, terminal buildings and public access facilities
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Experienced / Non Experienced Security Managers
- Civilian Representatives
- Risk Management Staff
The course is also designed for other professionals who need to keep up-to-date with latest trends in security management techniques.
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This AZTech training course will combine presentations with instructor-guided interactive discussions between participants relating to their individual interests. Practical exercises, video material and case studies aiming at stimulating these discussions and providing maximum benefit to the participants will support the formal presentation sessions. Above all, the course leader will make extensive use of case examples and case studies of issues in which he has been personally involved.
The Course Content
Day One: Security Risk Management Framework – Introductions and Sign In
- Security Risk Management
- Loss prevention techniques
- Security Surveillance
- Security Management framework – Working the system
- Key Concepts in Physical Security Resource Management
- Building and Perimeter Security
Day Two: Addressing Issues Faced by Security
- Determining job requirements and recruitment criteria – Who makes a Good Security Officer
- Motivating staff and providing feedback
- Deploying, briefing and supervising staff
- Assessing staff performance
- Understanding primary threats to physical security
- Conducting Risk (RA) and Vulnerability (SVA) Assessments
Day Three: Access Control and Physical Monitoring
- Electronic Intruder Detection
- Security Contingency Planning
- Physical Security Asset Acquisition
- CCTV Operations
- Operation and Maintenance of Physical Security Resources
- Situational Awareness
Day Four: Overview of Security Planning and Investigations
- Security and Emergency Planning documentation
- Responding to major security emergencies
- Security Policies and Procedures
- Defining Proposed Resource Outcomes and Cost-Effectiveness
- Considering Life-Cycle, Warranty and Preventive Maintenance
- Industry Investigation Techniques
Day Five: Information Security
- Finding the balance between public facilitation and security measures
- Security Management Systems (SeMS)
- Close Protection Basics
- Determining Resource Support
- Physical Security/Information Technology Integration
- Audit and Review
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course