Why Choose this Training Course?
Crisis Management Team (CMT) and Emergency Response Team (ERT) Leaders need access to the right information, at the right time, and at the right level of detail, to make the right decisions. The value of good crisis leadership has been proven over past years. It is accepted that the increasing range of potential incidents and emergencies which could affect business, disrupt production and affect global reputation are becoming increasingly complicated.
This new AZTech training course will teach you that Strategic Crisis Management is the identification, selection and implementation of yours, and the organisation’s goals and objectives, and how utilising your authentic Leadership qualities you will be able to deliver great outcomes so successfully dealing with any Crisis.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- How to be successful in the Four critical areas of Emergency Response
- Utilising the Five Levels of Leadership to get the maximum from your Teams
- Fourteen characteristics you need to learn to be an effective Crisis Leader
- How to avoid mis-management and so make a bad situation worse
- Rapidly establishing options, making judgements, redefining standards
- Analysis of the human factor, psychological readiness, discipline & leadership
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Acquire an in-depth knowledge of Strategic Crisis Management
- Develop strategies so you and your team respond efficiently and effectively
- Analyse Five deadly leadership behaviours and Six winning strategies in a crisis
- Implement the Five major functional areas of Incident Command Systems
- Plan for more beneficially rewarding multi-agency exercises
- Effectively use advanced techniques that will improve leadership performance at that critical time
Who is this Training Course for?
Anyone who find themselves responsible for leading on, or implementing Crisis Management, Emergency Response and Business Continuity/Recovery mechanisms.
This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Fire Management Professionals
- Security Management Professionals
- Health, Safety and Environment personnel
- Operation, Asset and Facility Professionals
- Risk, Marketing and Insurance Professionals
- Designated Incident, Emergency and Crisis Response Professionals
- Line Managers and Supervisors and other professionals wishing to appraise their comprehension of Emergency Response
- Professionals who have been allocated crisis management tasks yet have had insufficient time to devote to the subject
How will this be Presented?
This dynamic training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This fully participative and enjoyable event will enhance your leadership capabilities through assessments, syndicate role playing, group discussions, crisis communication skills and team problem solving challenges. Seminar materials such as exercises, check-lists, formats and templates will be included and will be of use to you and your team on your return to your office.
The Course Content
Day One: Evaluate, Mitigate and Responding to Challenges
- Understanding Strategic Crisis Management
- Consider the complete range of risks to your organisation
- CMT and ERT - Roles & Responsibilities
- Issues management, master this before it becomes a Crisis
- Who else inside and outside the organisation should be involved
- Five deadly Leadership behaviours & Six winning strategies
- Understanding 'denial-curve' and 'group-think' syndromes
Day Two: Planning & Security – Who and What Else Should be Considered
- Security Management & Asset Protection
- Case Studies, why some companies fail, and others survive
- Based on the previous module, self-evaluation questionnaire
- Developing, improving & implementing Emergency Response Plans
- Business Continuity Management (BCM) Strategies
- Case Study and Workshop
Day Three: Crisis Communications & Incident On-Scene Management
- Incident Command Systems (ICS)
- On Scene Crisis Management, essential elements for success
- Emergency Communication Centres, avoiding the ten most common mistakes
- Reputation Management - Managing Social Media
- Press Conference & step by step guidance on how to conduct TV interviews
- Case Study
- Exercise: Crisis Communications Strategy
Day Four: The Human Factor – What Can Go Right and What Can Go Wrong?
- Alerting and Warning
- Evacuation Strategies
- Major Incident Simulation - Role Playing Workshop
- Psychological & Welfare concerns in Crisis Management
- How to improve staff morale and confidence in the process
- Questionnaire, are your batteries in good condition
- Corporate Case Study – when the board get it wrong
Day Five: Crisis Management Plan Testing, Training and Exercising
- Case Studies x 3 with the same root cause, are we learning
- Exercises: a programme of learning and of validating plans and procedures
- How to get advantageous results from an exercise
- Post Incident evaluations, de-briefing skills, managing hot & cold de-briefs
- Critique report writing, executive summaries and key recommendations
- Closing the loop. Implementing recommendations, continuing the process
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the course