Why Choose this Training Course?
Information is the lifeblood to all organisations, without it, it would be severely impacted and ultimately cease to function. Information is knowledge and knowledge is power. With an ever-changing climate of technology and threats (both technical and human), the need for trained security personnel to protect our information becomes increasingly critical evolutionary task.
Information is at risk from many sources, legal, electronic, physical, internal and external to mention a few. It is paramount that security and related management personnel have an understanding of the risks, controls and countermeasures that are available to secure information and technology within an effective management framework. Furthermore, this Information Security Management training course will feature utilising counter measures, best practice and management techniques will mitigate electronic and physical risks and enhance protection to an organisation.
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Gain knowledge of the concepts relating to information security management (confidentiality, integrity, availability, vulnerability, threats, risks, counter measures, etc.)
- Understand the current legislation and regulations which impact upon information security management
- Be fully Aware of current national and international standards such as ISO 27002, frameworks and organisations which facilitate the management of information security
- Understand the current business and common technical environments in which information security management has to operate
- Gain knowledge of the categorisation, operation and effectiveness of controls of different types and characteristics
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is suitable for a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit individuals responsible for:
- Risk Management
- IT Security and IT Security Auditing
- Technical IT Management
- Those with involvement of systems integration and corporate IT development
- Financial controllers with a technical interest may also benefit from the seminar
How will this Training be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. Participants will gain detailed knowledge by active participation in seminars, group discussions and real-life case studies. Delivery will be by presentation, group syndicate investigations, training videos and interactive seminars.
The Course Content
Day One: Overview of Information Security
- What is Information Security?
- Examples of Information Security Incidents
- What is Information Security Management?
- Human Aspect of Information Security
- Social Engineering
Day Two: Information Security for Server Systems
- Attacks for Personal Computers and Smart phones and counter measure
- Information Security Risk Management
- What is Risk Management process?
- Identifying Information Assets
- Identifying Security Risk and evaluation
- Risk Treatment
Day Three: Security Risk management as an Organization
- Information Security Governance
- Information Security Management System (ISMS)
- Information Security Policy, Standards and Procedures
- Information Security Evaluation
- Security Incident Response
Day Four: Information Security and Cryptography
- Requirements for Secure Communication
- What is Cryptography?
- Classic and Modern Cryptography
- Common Key Cryptography algorithms: DES, Triple DES, AES
- Problems of Key distribution for Common Key Cryptography
Day Five: Data Integrity and Digital Signature
- Integrity of Data
- Hash Function
- Digital Signature
- Public Key Certificate and Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- Certificate Authority
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course