Why Choose this Training Course?
We cannot predict the future, but for many decades major oil and gas corporations have led the way in Scenario Planning – a process of preparing for different possible futures. This Scenario Planning in the Oil & Gas Industry training course will help in scanning the horizon for critical strategic trends and potential industry disruptors, such as political conflict, economic power shifts, new technology, alternative energy sources and social change. From these, a range of possible futures can be imagined and planned for.
This Scenario Planning in the Oil & Gas Industry training course will enable companies to get one step ahead of the competition, grabbing new opportunities as they arise and avoiding potential catastrophes. Scenario Planning is at the heart of long-term sustainability for any corporation operating on the world stage, and with the advent of enablers, such ‘Big Data’ and Artificial Intelligence, it is a rapidly expanding discipline.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- Historic and state-of-the-art Scenario Planning
- How the world’s largest oil and gas companies conduct scenario planning
- Bringing potential future scenarios to life
- Preparing for and adapting to potential future scenarios
- The use of Artificial Intelligence and Big Data Analysis
- Scenario planning as a process within the organization
- Facilitation and reporting techniques
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Analyze relevant economic, technological, environmental, legal and social trends
- Understand the role of Big Data in scanning the environment
- Develop multiple realistic potential future scenarios for your company
- Carry out ‘What if’ analysis and prepare for future success
- Facilitate scenario planning workshops
- Present to board level decision-makers with impact
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Investment analysts
- Future executives
- Oil and Gas executives
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes expert input, videos illustrating scenario planning in action, and case studies from inside and outside the industry. In particular, it involves extensive hands on practice and opportunities for participants to develop their own scenarios.
The Course Content
Day One: What is Scenario Planning?
- Overview of the Course
- Scenario Planning: objectives, benefits and history
- Scenario Planning in the Oil & Gas Industry
- Big Picture Thinking
- The Scenario Planning process
- Framing the Challenge – the ‘Big Question’ to answer
- The role of Mission, Vision and Strategy
Day Two: Creating Scenarios in the Oil & Gas Industry
- Horizon Scanning and Early Warning Systems using Big Data
- Identify Driving Forces in the Oil & Gas Industry
- Facilitating Scenario Workshops
- Define Key Uncertainties in the Oil & Gas Industry
- Developing Scenario Frameworks
- Computer modelling
Day Three: Developing Scenarios
- Generate Scenarios
- Scenario Impact Assessment
- Name and Expand Scenarios
- Bringing scenarios to life (Rich Pictures and Short Story ‘Vignettes’)
- Presenting the story of a Scenario - to decision makers, executives and stakeholders
- Quantification of Scenarios
Day Four: Using Scenarios
- Validate Scenarios
- Wind Tunnelling to Assess Implications
- Integrate scenarios with existing strategies
- Implement Strategic Plan
- ‘What if’ Analysis
- Identify signals of future trends
Day Five: Application in your Organization
- Linking Scenarios to Strategy, Planning and Budgeting Processes
- Transferring the Methodology to your Existing Strategy and Planning Process
- Essential Soft Skills, Personal and Team Competences
- Leading change
- Road Mapping Next Steps
- Evaluation of the Course
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course