Why Choose this Training Course?
As the complexities of real life systems increase so has to increase our understanding of them. Issues that are regularly arising in oil and gas exploration, production and transportation industries must be optimized in order to achieve increase in productivity and efficiency. Oil and gas industry requires constant innovation throughout the sector, update of present practices, and implementing new technological advances.
Process updates, innovation implementation usually interrupt existing projects and cause delays, although they are there to remove them, this causes frustration and difficulty in implementation. On other hand, not implementing innovation, reducing research and not updating processes, threatens sustainable profitability. Agent Based Simulation modeling ensures effective change implementation by enabling analysis, optimization, and experimentation in an environment that can fully capture the details of operations in risk free environment, companies can implement and analyze changes without interruption in production, the problems and risks can be identified and addressed in the beginning of the project, before they appear in real life implementation.
This training course will feature:
- Forecasts of well productions
- Production decline analysis
- Optimization Techniques-Linear Programming, Non-Linear Programming
- Agent-based, system dynamic and discrete event modeling
- Using AnyLogic simulation software for process analysis and optimization
- Implementation of the optimum values of parameters in the production system
- How to harness the power of data acquisition and process simulation for production planning?
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Learn the optimization techniques and tools
- Understand the differences between Agent-based, system dynamic, and discrete event modeling
- Acquire the knowledge how to use AnyLogic software
- Realize the potential of multi-method simulation approach
- Understand how to simulate complete oil and gas field
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is designed for all professionals working in the field of data analysis, oil and gas exploration, extraction, project management in oil and gas, field development and petroleum engineering. It will greatly benefit:
- Petroleum engineers
- Data Scientists
- Project managers
- Senior and Middle Managers
- Optimization professionals
- FEED engineers
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes presentation of theoretical concepts, video lectures and many exercises that will be done through the guided work of the delegates themselves. The delegates will be able to use Personal Learning Edition of AnyLogic software and built the models themselves.
The Course Content
Day One: Petroleum Production Engineering Fundamentals
- Petroleum Production System
- Properties of oil and gas
- Reservoir deliverability
- Wellbore performance
- Exercise: Forecast of well production
- Exercise: Production decline analysis
Day Two: Optimization Techniques
- Linear Programming
- Non-linear programing
- Mixed-Integer Linear (MILP)
- Optimizing Controllable Rig Time Loss
- Introduction to simulation
- Introduction to AnyLogic software
- Exercise: Using AnyLogic software
Day Three: Simulation Techniques and Process Modelling
- Discrete event modelling
- System dynamics modelling
- Agent-based models
- Multi-method modelling (combining all three methods in one simulation)
- Exercise: Creating a simple process in AnyLogic
- Exercise: Creating an agent-based model in AnyLogic
Day Four: Oilfield Process Modelling
- Defining the process of oil production
- Data gathering
- Determination of data distributions
- Output data
- Introduction to AnyLogic fluid library
- Exercise: Creating a simulation model with AnyLogic fluid library
Day Five: Model Analysis and Optimization
- Scenario analysis
- Output data measurement and comparison
- GIS connectivity
- Exercise: Review of the developed oil supply chain
- Exercise: Incorporating the worker performance into the models
- Steps to apply multi-method simulation in FEED engineering
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course