Why Choose this Training Course?
This Supply Chain Best Practices training course will explore key concepts and solutions that can be employed to optimize the balance between supply chain responsiveness and the costs required to deliver desired business results. Supply chain professionals continue to be pressured to deliver superior operational results while at the same time reducing costs. They need to be able to ensure their organisations become industry pace setters, by better managing their supply chains to achieve reduced costs, whilst at the same time, improving service levels.
Nonetheless, reducing supply chain costs is an effort that can be fraught with risk and global trade has brought about proportionally high levels of risk and uncertainty. Risk is found in all supply chains, but with analysis, preparation and action, these risks can be avoided, managed or deflected.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- Apply a thorough understanding of supply chain activities
- Managing and optimizing your inventory to deliver financial results
- Identity, analyse and evaluate supply chain risk
- Use risk management tools and techniques
- Make supply chain organisational improvements
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Analyze the effectiveness of your firm’s supply chain practices
- Create an inventory strategy that speeds cash flow
- Evaluate and work with suppliers to deliver tangible business results
- Use analytical tools to identify supply chain risk
- Make cost and service improvements
Who is this Training Course for?
This exciting and innovative course is suitable for those in the organisation, and not just in the supply chain, who have a responsibility to make improvements and save costs across the functions.
This AZTech training course is suitable for a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Supply chain professionals
- Sourcing, procurement, and supplier management professionals
- Production and manufacturing professionals
- All of those who need an understanding of supply chain concepts that can deliver lasting value for their business
- All of those who need an understanding of the relationships between risk, cost and service in supply chains
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes discussion and lectures leveraging years of hands-on supply chain and experience across industries and many countries across the world. The trainer will use real-world challenges and solutions, exercises and case studies and an extensive course manual.
The Course Content
Day One: Understanding the Supply Chain
- Supply Chain Definitions
- Supply Chain Models and Types
- Types of process frameworks
- Defining performance gaps
- Customers, competitive advantage and demand
- The Global Supply Chain
Day Two: Unlocking your Cash: Inventory Management and Optimization
- Types of inventory
- Applying procurement strategies that maximize inventory turns
- Speeding the cash-to-cash cycle time
- The financial justification for change
- Supplier relationship management: strategies, approaches, and tools
Day Three: A New Paradigm for Outsourcing
- Is your relationship transactional or outcome-based?
- Defining desired outcomes that are measurable
- Developing an effective outsourcing contract
- Designing a pricing model that incentivizes desired behaviours
- Evaluating cost/service trade-offs
Day Four: Identifying Supply Chain Instabilities and Risks
- Internal supply chain risks
- PESTLE and external risks
- Risk management principles
- Evaluation and prioritisation of risks
- Contingency and risk management planning
Day Five: Rethinking the Supply Chain and Improving your Results
- Rationale and approach to performance management
- Identifying, defining and tracking your metrics
- Incentives and continuous improvement
- Re-engineering supply chains end to end to minimise risk
- Organisation development
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course