Why Choose this Training Course?
Portfolio management provides an opportunity for a governing body to make decisions that control or influence the direction of a group of projects, programs, and on-going work as they work to achieve specific outcomes. Portfolio management is important to help selecting the “right” project mix, while program and project management help managing them in a “right” way. This is gaining more importance in the Post-COVID era to properly respond to the changing world: new risks, new approaches, new priorities, and new requirement for a flexible, yet effective governance.
This Building, Planning and Managing Post-COVID Project Portfolios training course will demonstrate with practical examples how an organization can use the processes and tools needed to identify, select, prioritize, govern, allocate resources, monitor, and report the status and performance of the project portfolio, and their relative alignment with, organizational objectives.
This training course will feature:
- Portfolio management as a strategy implementation tool and how it could be impacted by the new normal after COVID-19
- The portfolio life cycle, phases, and controls
- Strategic Re-Alignment of Portfolios in response to the new challenges
- Portfolio governance and its integration with the organization-wide governance
- Portfolio stakeholder management, risk management and value management
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Learn and apply the main concepts of portfolio management
- Learn how to build a portfolio and identify and evaluate its components
- Learn how to prepare a prioritized portfolio register and plan the portfolio
- Learn how allocate portfolio resources and apply capacity management techniques
- Measure and report portfolio performance using KPIs and Dashboards
Who is this Training Course for?
This training course is suitable for all executives, portfolio managers and functional managers of various levels, who are involved in all stages of selecting, prioritizing, budgeting, authorizing, planning, and managing project portfolios.
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Board Members and Senior Executives
- Functional Managers working such as Finance, IT and Procurement Managers
- Portfolio Managers and Portfolio analyst
- PMO managers and PMO staff
- Program and senior Project managers
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. To serve the program goals a mix of different techniques will be used to energize the trainees such as lectures, power-point presentation, application on portfolio analysis tools, structured discussions, brainstorming sessions, and case studies.
The Course Content
Day One: Portfolio Management Concepts and Definitions
- Organizational Project Management (Portfolios, Programs and Projects)
- Principals of Portfolio Management, Program Management and Project Management
- Portfolio Management and Organizational Strategy
- COVID Impact on Strategy and Portfolio Management
- Standard Roles in Portfolio Management before and after COVID 19
- Portfolio Governance and Organizational Governance
Day Two: The Portfolio Life Cycle
- Portfolio Life-Cycle Overview
- Initiating and Building a New Portfolio
- Re-Building an Existing Portfolio
- Selecting and Prioritizing Portfolio Components
- Portfolio Planning before and after COVID 19
- Portfolio Execution, Optimization, Monitoring and Controlling
Day Three: Portfolio Strategic Management and Governance
- Developing Portfolio Strategic Objectives
- Portfolio Charter
- Portfolio Roadmap
- Selecting Portfolio Components
- Portfolio Strategic Alignment
- Portfolio Governance
Day Four: Portfolio Capacity and Capability Management
- Capacity management
- Supply and demand management
- Organizational Capabilities Assessment and Management
- Portfolio Reporting and Analytics (KPIs, Dashboards, etc)
- Portfolio Stakeholder Management and Communications
Day Five: Portfolio Risk and Value Management
- Portfolio Risk Management
- Portfolio Value Management
- Design and Implementation of Portfolio Management Information System (PMIS)
- Course Review
- Question and Answer
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course
- The applicable PMI Professional Development Units/Contact Hours will be reflected on the Certificate of Completion
AZTech as an A.T.P. (Authorised Training Partner) has been approved by PMI to issue applicable Professional Development Units (PDUs) for its Project Management training courses. PMI allows credential holders to apply PDUs to the maintenance of their credentials where one contact hour of training is equivalent to one PDU.
PMI is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.