An intensive professional development training course on
The Complete Course in
Enterprise Risk Management (ERM)
Protecting Your Organisation in Turbulent Times
Why Choose this Training Course?
“Why you should now adjust for the new normal”
Have you and your Risk colleagues settled into a temporary state of normal during the pandemic, possibly conformed to risk assessment changes, even revised crisis management and mitigation plans, and accepted new forms of communications with working from home?
If so, then now, as a matter of urgency, you need to rapidly design how to adjust for the “future normal” in Enterprise Risk Management.
Based on current pandemic observations, this revamped version of the popular AZTech training course will anticipate what the ‘next normal’ will mean for you and your future Risk Management strategies. The Complete Course in Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) training course will demonstrate how to improve your current core knowledge and skills to become a successful “future ready” Enterprise Risk Manager.
This training course will feature:
- The necessary expertise and knowledge in implementing a complete ERM process as specified in the latest thinking, post pandemic
- How to influence and oversee a vibrant ERM and Business Resilience culture
- Evaluate your ERM frameworks and practices
- Examine changes in ERM practices as a result of the global paradigm shift.
- The mechanism of resilient corporate governance & its relationship to ERM
What are the Goals?
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Determine and master the concepts, approaches, standards, methods and techniques for the effective implementation of ERM
- Develop the necessary leadership skills enabling you to communicate your findings to all levels and all stakeholders
- Determine your organisation’s appetite and tolerance for risk
- Investigate the 13 indicators that assesses the resilience of an organisation
- Understand how ERM relates to crisis management, business continuity and business resilience
- Apply your invaluable and highly relevant ERM knowledge to put into practice and benefit you and your organisation immediately on returning
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes a fast-paced, highly participative event incorporating case studies, current affairs with relevant video material and group work so you can immediately put what you’ve learned into practice.
Who is this Training Course for?
Extensive prior knowledge of the subject is not a prerequisite. You will be guided by an experienced risk professional who has both sat on and advised boards on corporate resilience, so enhancing their Enterprise Risk Management and associated systems.
This course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Practitioners & implementers requiring a refresher, post pandemic
- Designated Incident, Emergency & Crisis Response Managers
- Line & Project Managers need to ensure that they are effectively managing risk
- Professionals who want a practical starting point for establishing an effective ERM, Business Continuity Management and Business Resilience framework
- Middle to Senior managers benefiting on how ERM can be used as a leadership and decision-making tool
The Course Content
Day One: Principles of Risk and Enterprise Risk Management
- Objectives & Governance, concepts & definitions
- Mapping and assessing Your current governance arrangements
- Commitment - Setting Your objectives for implementing the latest guidance
- Who are the internal and external stakeholders?
- The importance of culture, communication and behaviour in seeking an effective ERM structure
- An overview of the global post pandemic business environment
- Enterprise Risk Management – The Resilient Organisation
Day Two: ISO 31004 – Designing the Framework for Managing ERM
- ERM framework and process
- ERM responsibilities – who does what, who is on the team
- ERM accountabilities and performance measures
- Compare Your current ERM to ISO31000:2009 principles
- Alignment between ERM policy and the organisation
- Risk attitude: pursue, retain or avoid with respect to risk appetite and tolerance
- Options for risk criteria, assessment, identification, analysis and evaluation
Day Three - Business Continuity Management Systems (BCMS)
- Fundamental principles of Business Continuity Management
- Implementation of a BCMS in accordance with ISO 22301 & 27031
- Business Impact Analysis (BIA) and Risk Assessment
- To understand the relationship between BCMS and the compliance with the other ERM requirements, including supply chain strategies
- Writing a business case and a project plan for the implementation of a BCMS
- Incident and emergency response management (including mutual aid)
Day Four – Implementing Effective Enterprise Risk Management
- Resources and methodologies to implement The Plan
- Ensuring ERM becomes part of significant decision-making
- What are the likely barriers to implementation (risk culture)?
- Risk reporting & the limitations of various risk reporting tools & methodologies
- Assess the merits of quantitative risk modelling & qualitative reporting
- Align your risk reporting processes with other strategically important management activities, such as reputation management
Day Five – Monitoring, Review and Continuous Improvement of the Framework
- Key risk indicators (KRI´s)
- Continuous improvements, running your own team-based risk workshops
- Collate risk and control information from multiple sources into a central risk register or inventory of risk information system
- Controls register or inventory of controls (The “Five Ws”)
- Understand feedback provided to you by those you communicate with and take on board “lessons learnt”
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course
In Partnership With
© 2024. Material published by AZTech shown here is copyrighted. All rights reserved. Any unauthorized copying, distribution, use, dissemination, downloading, storing (in any medium), transmission, reproduction or reliance in whole or any part of this course outline is prohibited and will constitute an infringement of copyright.