Why Choose this Training Course?
This course deals with channels of distribution, the means through which the vast array of products and services are made available to customers. In the age of globalization customers nowadays expect more and better channel choices for gaining access to the products from all over the world.
Channels of distribution are a critical element of business strategy which, if planned properly, enables companies to build up a competitive advantage over their rivals.
New technologies as well as globalization have dramatically transformed marketing channels and the way, how and where customers want to use them. Broad principles will be discussed by which a company expects to achieve its distribution objectives for its target markets.
Workshop highlights include:
- Overview of the functions performed by channels and the value they create
- Characteristics of retailing and important retail marketing decisions
- How to design a marketing channel and select channel members
- Power and conflict in distribution channels
- Franchising as a distribution alternative
- Electronic marketing channels and service channels
What are the Goals?
Upon completion of this course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the importance of channels in the context of the 4 P´s of Marketing
- Understand what value channel members create
- Analyse the different types of market coverage
- Appreciate the main retail positioning strategies
- Determine what type of intermediaries can be used in a channel
Who is this Training Course for?
This course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Sales- and Marketing professionals who work in a channel function
- Participants will be involved in the selection of and cooperation with channel members such as retailers, wholesalers, franchisees.
- Professionals who are working in either retail or wholesale
- Participants who are considering to become a franchisee or a franchisor
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This course has a foundation in the relevant theory and includes a number of company examples of how successful companies apply it.
The training process is a combination of lectures, small group work on real company cases and practical exercises to apply knowledge.
The course is delivered by a highly experienced business senior business manager who has a long experience in channel management.
The Course Content
Day One: The Structure and Function of Marketing Channels
- The value that distribution channels create
- Marketing flows in channels and contact efficiency
- Typical channel structures
- Service outputs of channels
- Channel strategy defined
- Gaining differential advantage with channels
Day Two: Retail and Wholesale
- The characteristics of retailing
- Retail marketing decisions: target markets and retail positioning strategy
- Retail strategic profit model and Mgt Horizons Impact Model
- Non-store retailing
- Retail store brands & Retail Trends
- Types of wholesalers
Day Three: Channel Design and the Selection of Channel Members
- Key challenges in channel design
- Direct or indirect distribution
- Exclusive-, selective-, intensive distribution
- Variables affecting channel structure & who engages in channel design
- The process of selecting channel members
- What channel partners expect to get from the manufacturer
Day Four: Power and Conflict in Distribution Channels; Franchising
- Why power is used in channels
- The nature of channel conflict and conflict resolution strategies
- Franchising advantages and disadvantages for the franchisor and for the franchisee
- Types of franchising
- Franchise sales process
- Key success drivers in franchising
Day Five: Electronic and Service Channels
- The structure of electronic marketing channels
- Disintermediation versus reintermediation
- Mobile electronic channels
- Advantages and disadvantages of electronic marketing channels
- Service channels: special characteristics of services
- Customization of services and customer involvement
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the course.