Why Choose this Training Course?
Most business-to-business companies have key account customers and it is essential to secure continuous business from those customers. The ideal outcome is to build relationships with the right decision-makers at different levels in their organisation so that you become their preferred collaborative partner. This requires a clear key account strategy and a different understanding of what can bring superior value to the customer.
It is not just about your key account team dealing with the usual buyers. You also need to influence other decision-makers and external stakeholders.
This AZTech training course shows you how to construct an effective key account strategy and make it work in practice.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- How to identify and influence the right decision-makers
- Overcoming price competition and maintaining margins
- Becoming the customer’s most influential partner
- Winning the biggest share of customer’s spend
- How to construct a strategic key account plan
- How to implement the plan as a team
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course you should be able to:
- Create a key account strategy and know how to apply it
- Re-position your company within the account
- Create propositions that win preference with the people who matter
- Circumvent buyers who destroy your margins
- Influence specifications and negotiate from a stronger position
- Use your key account team more effectively
Who is this Training Course for?
This course is valuable for key account directors, managers and key account teams who want to increase their sales revenue, profitability and share of the key account customer’s spend. It is designed to show attendees how they can strengthen their relationship with the customer and become valued as a trusted partner, not just another supplier.
This AZTech training course is suitable for a range of professionals and will greatly benefit:
- Global Heads of Key Accounts who want to win more business globally
- Key Account Directors who want to become the customer’s preferred partner
- Key account managers who require a clear plan
- Key account team members who need to contribute to the key account plan
- Other managers required to understand the plan and support it
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will be presented using a combination of formal presentations, discussions and syndicated exercises. Video and case-studies will also be used.
A major differentiator in this course is that it is highly practical, and delivers real-life examples drawn from the presenter’s many years of experience in helping leading B2B companies to develop key account strategies and deliver them globally.
The Course Content
Day One: Understanding the Principles and Stages of KAM
- The principles of effective key account management
- Understanding the five levels of KAM
- Information required to construct a key account strategy
- Structuring the key account strategy
- Putting your objectives and strategy into context
- Identifying the customer’s challenges and Key Success Factors
Day Two: Understanding the Customer’s Capability Gaps, Discovering Insight on Decision-makers and Influencers, Constructing Personas and Competing in the Account
- Finding and filling their capability gaps
- Identifying hidden influencers in the key account
- Discovering their challenges and priorities
- Understanding their attitudes, perception and motivation
- Creating and using personas
- How to tackle competitors in the account
Day Three: Defining your KSFs, Describing your Strategy and Objectives, Prioritising People to target, Influencing the Specification, Building Credibility and Communicating
- Defining your KSFs for the account
- Explaining and justifying your strategy and objectives
- Targeting to influence the product specification
- Building relationships with key decision-makers
- Developing credibility outside the account
Day Four: Putting the Communications Plan into Action to Win Preference, Influence Purchasing Decisions, Negotiate and Overcome Price Objections from Buyers in the Key Account
- Communicating inside the key account
- Becoming the thought-leader externally and internally
- Offering the customer superior value propositions
- Communicating to make your prices buyer-proof
- Using principled negotiation with the key account
Day Five: Defining the Tools and Templates to Build and Manage the Key Account Strategy
- Templates and tools to construct the key account strategy
- Tools to manage and control the strategy
- Forming the key account team
- Using colleagues from different disciplines to add value in the key account
- Building and maintaining motivation for your key account strategy
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete this course