Why Choose this Training Course?
This workplace focused course encourages learners to use critical thinking to develop new understandings about their working environment. S&OP is a structured process to develop demand scenarios and supply strategies and ensure that these are in balance before being committed to be executive level management.
Practical activities during the course will help learners to use experiential leaning to better understand the principles of S&OP.
S&OP is a powerful tool for businesses to manage the end to end supply chain for excellent customer service as well as superior returns on investment. Businesses are now realizing that coordination with customers and suppliers is the key to better integration of operations to minimise waste.
This AZTech training course will feature: interaction to encourage learners to :
- Think of the end to end supply chain
- Manage risk as part of the process
- Understand the marketing dimension to S&OP
- Use manufacturing planning techniques
- Focus on organization culture
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand where S&OP fits into business planning
- Demonstrate the value of balancing supply and demand
- Realise the importance of executive level commitment
- Use critical thinking to focus improvement efforts
- Diagnose their orgaizations position in the maturity model of S&OP
Who is this Training Course for?
This training course is designed for those who will be involved in the S&OP process, including learners from sales, marketing supply and finance departments. Senior and middle level managers will benefit from this interactive course. Such as:
- Finance Managers
- Marketing Managers
- Supply Managers
- Materials Managers
- Demand Managers
- Supply Planners
- Demand Planners
- Inventory Managers
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes formal presentations, group discussions as well as group activities.
The Course Content
Day One: S&OP overview
- Evolution of ERP and role of S&OP
- The S&OP Journey
- End to End Supply Chains
- Technology in S&OP
- S&OP Process
- Definitions of S&OP
Day Two: Demand Management
- The Nature of Demand
- Calculating Forecasts
- Forecast Management
- Uses of Forecasts
- Forecasting Exercise
Day Three: Inventory Management
- Why do we need Inventory?
- Types and Functions of Inventory
- Financial Considerations of Inventory
- Setting Inventory Levels
- Reorder Processes
- Inventory Management Exercise
Day Four: Supply Management
- Strategic Supply Decisions
- Time Fences and How to Manage them
- Linking Supply to S&OP
- Capacity Issues
- Supply Exercise
Day Five: Putting it all together
- Risk Management
- Risks Potential and Realized
- Categorising Risk
- Reducing Risk
- Risk Exercise
- S&OP Exercise
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the course