Social media - Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and YouTube - have transformed the way we interact with our customers, friends and family. Customer Service, PR and marketing strategies must adapt to this sociological change.
World-class organisations listen to their stakeholders and take action on what they tell them. Social media enables anyone to have their opinions heard. Social media has also blurred the boundaries between customer service, PR and marketing. Brands can not only offer customers a better service by interacting with them on a more personal level, they can also create positive PR for the brand and reach a greater audience through at very little extra time and cost. But, social media is a double edged sword opening up both risks and opportunities.
This Course will enable you to:
- Map the opportunities and threats to your organisation presented by social media
- Create a coherent social media strategy
- Develop a focused action plan to execute effectively on your strategy
- Future proof your plan by the appropriate use of technology
- Evaluate the effectiveness of your social media
This seminar aims to enable participants to achieve the following objectives:
- Build a framework to assess social media contribution to achieving business goals.
- Familiarize themselves with the range of social media tools and match them to the tasks that your plan demands
- Learn how to assess the impact of social media and its ROI
- Acquire an in-depth knowledge of the key aspects of social media vision, policy, governance and operation.
- Learn how to identify issues and develop a rapid crisis response plan
This seminar is will be of benefit to anyone in a customer service, PR or marketing role. Leaders, Managers, Supervisors, and those who wish to learn more about strategies for improving effectiveness in change, greater customer involvement and dealing with greater risk of crises. It caters for both newcomers to social media and expert users alike
The seminar is fast-paced, fun and highly interactive. It will enable and encourage participation from all who attend, through a rich mixture of content input, group discussion, case studies practical exercises, video and use of the internet. Delegates will be taught how to communicate effectively with target groups and will have the chance to practice what they learn.
- Develop effective communication skills which they can use both in their working and personal lives
- Understand at a deep level the need for and practical skills of, the effective social media strategist and practitioner.
Delegates returning from this course will have:
- Developed an understanding of the world of social media and learnt practical techniques to develop their coordination and leadership in this emerging discipline back in the workplace.
- Learned how a well conceived and executed social media strategy can boost reputation and open new opportunities for dialogue, provide a rich source of business opportunities and a chance to be a part of the important conversations surrounding your organisation.
- Developed the ability to coordinate social media activity and begun to develop a social media strategy which will have significant impact on customer satisfaction, the cost of reputational defence and on communications effectiveness.
The Course Content
Socialnomics – the expanding Social Media universe
- Introduction and welcome
- Basic principles of Social Media
- Reciprocity and Sharing of information
- Conversations through Social Media - how to create a dialogue
- Driving word of mouth
- Cultivating relationships through Social Media
- Delivering trust
- The importance of honesty and integrity
New skills for old – the social media toolkit
- Finding your audience and being found
- Storytelling in 140 characters
- Video content
- Crowd sourcing
- Flash mobs
- Developing Apps
The platforms and their power
- Communication forums - including blogs, discussion groups, micro-blogs
- Collaboration - including wikis, social bookmarking, social news
- Multi-media sharing - including photos, videos, audio sharing
- Reviews, comments and opinions across all sectors
- Entertainment, including games, virtual worlds, game sharing
- Big Data and Data Mining
- Trends and latest developments
- Future trends
Policies, Strategies and Control
- Understanding how social media affects brands and businesses
- Understanding the network economy
- Case studies - good and bad examples
- Assessing the roles of social media in your organisation
- Assessing your social media environment
- Social media policies
- Developing a strategy
Buy-in and Change Management
- Basic analysis techniques and tools
- What people are saying about your brand on the Social Media
- Interpreting the results
- Benchmarking best practices
- Presenting a compelling case to top management
- The change process
- Planning the execution of your strategy
- Course review and conclusion
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the course.