Why Choose this Training Course?
The Oil & Gas industry is undergoing the most significant changes that we have seen for two decades as a result of an increase in oil production and a simultaneous decrease in demand. Sustained low oil prices are changing the geopolitical landscape of the oil and gas business. The shale oil and gas revolution has resulted in the need for new business models, with many mergers in the international oil companies both upstream and downstream of the oil and gas supply chain. With the international demand for petroleum products reaching record levels, so too is the complexity of issues facing the Oil & Gas industry.
This Essential Skills for Oil and Gas Professionals training course provides the essential skills to build a proactive knowledge base of the oil and gas industry, as well as the necessary competencies to meet the challenges it faces.
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Build knowledge as to the nature and challenges facing the oil and gas industry
- Understand the key players and commercial drivers
- Examine the industry structure with specific emphasis on the complete value chain
- Understand framing agreements including joint ventures and product sharing contracts
- Examine the importance of effective project planning and execution including risk management and Earned value management analysis
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Oil and Gas professionals:
- Senior and middle managers
- Accountants and finance professionals responsible for financial accounting, treasury, internal audit,budget preparation and management reporting
- HR, contracting and procurement and IT professionals
- Line managers with strategic planning and operational budgeting responsibility
- New entrants to the Oil & Gas industry
- Professional advisers and Business Consultants
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This training course will be highly participatory and your seminar leader will present, guide and facilitate learning, using a range of methods including discussions, case studies and where appropriate, these will include real case examples. The training course will be concluded with a capstone exercise.
By combining analysis, problems and examples with real case studies - lessons learned from the seminar will be applied to your organisation. Key performance indicators (KPIs) for the critical success factors (CSFs) will focus attention on high priority action plans for taking back to your organisation.
The Course Content
Day One: The Oil and Gas Industry Commercial Drivers - Overview
- The nature of the Oil and Gas industry
- Upstream, midstream and downstream operations
- Exploration, evaluation production and reserve estimates
- Structures and business models -Lifting and production costs
- Strategic challenges and opportunities facing the industry’s key players
Day Two: Oil and Gas Exploration and Production Arrangements
- IOC’s & NOC’s Fiscal agreements &contracting strategies for the oil and gas industries
- Reward structures and options
- Importance of project planning
- Front end loading - Hot spots and challenges
- Capital project planning and execution
- Implementing effective project control framework
Day Three: Oil and gas Project Economics,Cost & Estimation
- Evaluating project opportunities
- Cash-Flow Analysis and Time Value of Money
- Key Profitability Indicators NPV, IRR, UTC, Payback
- Calculating a discounted cash flow
- What is a cost estimate and what factors influence an estimate?
- Earned value management analysis for measuring project performance and reporting
Day Four: Risk Management Application
- What is risk management and why it is important?
- Risk management as applied to capital projects.
- Specifying objectives and identifying project uncertainties
- Technical and non-technical risks
- Risk register review and analysis
- Stakeholder identification and mapping
Day Five: Oil and Gas Capstone Case Study
- Case study – The Shale Gas Revolution in the United States
- Impact of shale gas on the world Oil and Gas stage
- Geopolitics of Oil and Gaspricing
- Summary and course wrap up
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course