Why Choose this Training Course?
In our diverse workplace being able to work effectively across cultural divides is an essential skill for any Leader, Manager or Professional. Cultural Intelligence (CI) is the capability to relate and work effectively across cultures. Culture is one of the key competencies in fields ranging from leadership and management, engineering, and finance, to accounting and marketing. The higher your CI, the more likely you will experience success working in a diverse, globalized world.
There are many different types of culture. These include national, regional, religious, occupational, organisational, age, gender. However, one of the most prominent types is national culture.
Cultural differences in communication can cause significant problems. Million-dollar business deals can be lost, international negotiations can fail, and workplace problems can intensify. This exciting but practical course is run as a masterclass in all aspects of culture and how you can thrive in a multi-cultural world.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- An understanding of Globalisation
- How to improve your Cultural Intelligence (CI)
- The latest knowledge about the seven major dimensions of culture
- Ways to improve your cross-cultural communication
- Best-practice in expatriate management
- Cross-Cultural Negotiation
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training, participants will be able to:
- Develop ability in working and relating effectively with people from different cultural backgrounds
- Understand the limits of their own CI and know how to improve it
- Describe the meaning of each of the cultural value dimensions
- List ways to minimise the barriers to cross-cultural communication
- Assess their own work and how to adjust it to apply CI
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training is suitable for a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- All Leaders, Managers & Supervisors
- Anyone working in a Global Organisation
- Human resource (HR) Professionals
- Marketing & PR Specialists
- Any professional who needs to develop their Cultural Intelligence (CI)
- Expatriates working on global assignments or those who manage expatriates
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This training course will be offered in a culturally sensitive way.
The training course is very participatory and experiential. It involves a lot of skill practice in a group setting. Training methodology includes individual, and group activities will intersperse the sessions. A variety of practical sessions, topical case studies and group interaction are programmed into this training course.
The Course Content
Day One: Understanding Culture & Globalisation
- Where culture comes from and why it matters
- Understanding Globalisation
- Your own cultural map
- The seven levels of culture (National, Workplace, Gender, Age, Regional, Religious, Occupation)
- The Hofstede five cultural value dimensions
Day Two: Communicating Across Cultures
- Why communication differences and barriers occur
- How to remove barriers to communication
- Stereotypes and stereotyping explored
- Non-verbal communication (body-language) and culture
- Workplace culture and the impact on organisational communication
Day Three: Cross-Cultural Negotiation
- The basics of negotiation
- Cultural differences in negotiation
- Overestimating and underestimating cultural differences in negotiation
- Negotiation traps to avoid
- Developing your cross-cultural negotiation skills
Day Four: Managing Expatriate Workers and Inclusion
- International assignments and global career development
- Why international assignments fail
- Culture shock and global working
- The business case for diversity and inclusion
- Establishing a Nationalisation Programme
Day Five: Developing a Global Mindset
- Innovation and culture
- Developing a global mindset
- How to improve your CI
- Managing in multi-national organisations
- Personal Action Planning
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the course