Why Choose this Training Course?
Warehouses and stores are potentially dangerous places for people to work where there is a mixture of operators, vehicles and mechanical equipment coming together, often at great speed. It is vital that there has to be a plan for safety in order that the risk of accident and injury is minimised.
This warehouse safety policies & procedures training course will enable Supply Chain Professionals to understand how to improve the safe operations of any warehouse by implementing safe policies and procedures. The organisation develops a health safety culture built up by fostering a proactive approach to safety. Unsafe practices in the warehouse are not accepted in the organisation. This Warehouse safety policies and procedures training course can help boost productivity and reduce recovery costs in your organisations.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- An understanding of the operation of the warehouse
- An appreciation of the many safety risks that are in the warehouse
- An awareness of how to improve safety in the warehouse
- Learning how to form and write safety policies and procedures for the warehouse
- An understanding of the importance of data and information safety in the organisation
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Develop an understanding of the role of warehouse in the end-to-end supply chain
- Learn how to assess and manage risk
- Develop an understanding of safety in the warehouse
- Learn how to construct policies and procedures for safety for the warehouse
- Appreciate the importance of information safety to the organisation
Who is this Training Course for?
This training course will benefit a number of participants from different parts of the organisation including those who have an intermediate knowledge of the supply chain though require a fir understanding of the requirement for safety in a warehouse.
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Warehouse and distribution professionals
- Procurement, buyers and purchasing professionals
- Production and manufacturing professionals
- Logistics professionals
- Supply chain generalists
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes discussion and lectures leveraging years of hands-on supply chain and warehousing experience across industries. The trainer will use real-world challenges and solutions, exercises and case studies and an extensive course manual.
The Course Content
Day One: Warehouse Role in the Organisation
- Why we need a warehouse
- What functions they cover
- How do they fit into the supply chain
- The balance between sorting and storing
- The location and capacity of warehouses
- Receiving and storing options
- Picking/assembly options
- Dispatching options
Day Two: Assessing and Managing Risk in the Warehouse Environment
- Duty of care
- Environment and welfare
- Inspections and risk assessments-task analysis
- Raising people's awareness
- Power failure
- Smoking in the workplace
- Minimizing theft
- Safety Committee
Day Three: Equipment Safety
- Equipment maintenance and care
- Fork lift truck health and safety operations
- Maintenance and care of equipment
- Electrical safety
Day Four: Personal Safety
- Manual handling
- Operator training
- First Aid provision and training
- Accident investigation
- Slips and trips
- Personal Protective Equipment
Day Five: Safeguarding of Information – Cyber Security
- Availability and accessibility
- Control fail-safes
- Information storage
- Information theft and hacking
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course