Why Choose this Training Course?
e-Procurement is the business to business purchase and sale of supplies and services over the Internet. More and more organizations are viewing the application of best practices in e-procurement as being essential skill sets needed by all employees involved in the procurement process. This training course focuses on the development of e- procurement in an organization that then leads onto the management of the complete e-procurement process.
This AZTech training course develops how to establish an e-procurement system within an organization that needs to purchase through the Internet. The important stage of managing the process is discussed in some depth. We establish how to provide and measure procurement contributions to the organization so that this critical function and all those in it can be elevated to be seen as a core organization competency.
This training course will cover:
- Understanding e-procurement
- Gain the knowledge to implement a system
- Know how to manage an e-procurement system
- Measuring the advantages of an e-procurement system
- Appreciate the gains for using a system
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Learn the differences of an e-procurement system
- Understand the requirements needed to develop an e-procurement system
- Appreciate the principles of negotiation
- Understand how to implement an e-procurement system
- Learn how to manage an e-procurement system
Who is this Training Course for?
The content of this training course is especially tailored to business leaders of today. Participants that hold leadership positions and who have been identified by their organisation as a key part of the company's succession plan are encouraged to attend.
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Professionals in Purchasing
- Procurement and Supply Management
- Operations and Finance
- All those interested in the development and implementation of an e-procurement system
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. Participants will increase their knowledge base and skill sets through a variety of instructional methods including lecture by an experienced practitioner and consultant who has “been there-done that”, individual and group exercises, review of published articles, and group discussions covering current practices and their relationship to the implementation of new concepts.
The Course Content
Day One: Traditional Procurement Procedures
- Procurement in the organization
- Strategic sourcing
- Supplier evaluation and performance
- Apply performance to procurement decisions
- What is e-procurement
- Pre-requisites for developing an e-procurement system
Day Two: e-Procurement Development
- Steps in developing an e-procurement system
- The capabilities of e-procurement
- Developing an e-procurement internal customer ordering and approvals system
- Developing an e-quotation preparations system
- Developing an e-quotation evaluation system
- Developing an e-purchase order system
Day Three: e-Procurement Models and Negotiation
- E-Procurement business models
- Avoiding confrontational negotiating
- New techniques in influencing
- Understanding the other negotiator’s power
- Negotiating pressure points and countermeasures
- Negotiation exercises
Day Four: e-Procurement Management
- E-procurement workflows
- E-procurement processes
- Managing an e-procurement system
- E-procurement hardware and software
- E-procurement user administration
Day Five: Organizational Improvement through e-Procurement
- Integrating e-procurement systems into the business process
- Integration issues
- E-procurement and contract law
- Contracts and electronic signatures
- Contract formation and e-trading
- Making changes in the organization
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course