Why Choose this Training Course?
e-Procurement is the method that businesses use to procure and sell goods and services across the Internet. This method of using the Internet is becoming more frequent as companies are finding that e-procurement is not only facilitating the process, but they are making significant savings in costs. This comprehensive training course on e procurement and purchasing management focuses on the development and management of e-procurement in an organization which leads onto the management of the complete procurement process. This will provide an ‘MBA level’ experience in terms of content, instruction, discussion, and team exercises.
This AZTech training course on e-procurement and purchasing management aims to teach how to establish an e-procurement system within an organization that needs to purchase and sell through the Internet. The various stages of implementation of the process are discussed in some depth. Furthermore, this training course covers the skills required to lead a procurement team to world class performance. It focuses on the common “gaps” in performance that must be filled in order for Purchasing Management to provide the continuous improvements needed for organizations to meet their strategic objectives. We establish how to provide and measure procurement contributions to the organization so that this critical function in the company can be assessed.
This comprehensive training course consists of two modules which can be booked as a 10-Day Training event, or as individual, 5-Day training courses.
Module 1 - The Complete Course on e-Procurement
Module 2 - The Complete Course on Procurement Strategy Management
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Learn the principles of e-procurement
- Understand the requirements needed to develop an e-procurement system
- Understand how to implement an e-procurement system
- Learn how to manage an e-procurement system
- Develop strategic purchasing plans
- Discuss how to improve internal customer service
- Explore many ways of reporting key performance indicators (KPI)
- See how to apply past supplier performance for better selection
- Appreciate the principles of negotiation
- Be presented with the most important competencies for purchasing personnel
Who is this Training Course for?
The content of this AZTech training course is especially tailored to business leaders of today. Participants that hold leadership positions and who have been identified by their organisation as a key part of the company's succession plan are encouraged to attend.
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Professionals in Purchasing, Procurement and Supply Management Operations and Finance
- All those interested in the development and implementation of an e-procurement system
- Those who are involved in the planning, evaluation, preparation and management of tenders, awards, contracts and purchases that cover the acquisition of materials, equipment, and services and who are in organizations whose leadership want high levels of competency in those involved in contracts and purchasing activities
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. Participants will increase their knowledge base and skill sets through a variety of instructional methods including lecture by an experienced practitioner and consultant who has considerable first-hand experience and group exercises and group discussions covering current practices and their relationship to the implementation of new concepts.
The Course Content
Module 1: The Complete Course on e-Procurement
Day One: Traditional Procurement Procedures
- The Organization’s Procurement Function
- Strategic Sourcing
- Supplier Selection and Evaluation and Performance
- An Introduction to e-Procurement
- What is Needed to Develop an e-Procurement System?
Day Two: The Development of e-Procurement
- Developing the Steps for an e-Procurement System
- What can an e-Procurement do for the Organisation
- Components of an e-Procurement System Components
- Internal Customer Ordering and Approvals System through e-Procurement
- Developing an E-quotation Preparations and Evaluation System
- Evaluating an E-quotation System
Day Three: e-Procurement Models and Negotiation
- E-procurement in the Organisation
- Negotiating techniques to Avoiding Confrontational Negotiating
- New Techniques in Influencing
- Understanding the Power in Negotiating
- Negotiating Pressure points and Countermeasures
- Negotiation Exercises
Day Four: e-Procurement Management
- e-Procurement Risk and Workflows
- e-Procurement Processes
- e-Procurement Hardware and Software
- e-Procurement User Administration
- e-Procurement Security
Day Five: Organizational Improvement through e-Procurement
- Integrating e-Procurement Systems into the Organisation
- Integration Issues
- e-Procurement and Contract Law
- Contracts and Electronic Signatures
- Contract Formation and e-trading
- Making Changes in the Organization
Module 2: The Complete Course on Procurement Strategy Management
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course