Why Choose this Training Course?
This effective and strategic training course covers the skills required to lead a procurement team to world class performance. It focuses on the common “gaps” in performance that must be filled in order for Purchasing Management to provide the continuous improvements needed for organizations to meet their strategic objectives.
Further, this AZTech training course encourages everyone how to be proactive rather than reactive in procurement activities and how to be working on the “right” things that display Purchasing’s creativity, flexibility, and supply market knowledge. It establishes how to provide and measure purchasing contributions to the organization so that this critical function can be elevated as a core organization competency.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- The skills and attributes of world class Purchasing Personnel
- Measuring leading performance
- Selection and application of management strategies
- Understanding the changing International Best Practices
- Managing supplier to obtain best in class results
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Learn how to develop high performance purchasing organizations
- Develop strategic purchasing plans & discuss how to improve internal customer service
- Appreciate and see the analytics that guide procurement strategies
- Explore many ways of reporting key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Understand the most important competencies for purchasing personnel
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech course is suitable to a wide range of professionals, but will greatly benefit:
- Procurement and Contracts personnel
- Purchasing, Procurement, Contracts, Contract Administration, Projects personnel
- Engineering, Facilities, Finance and Maintenance Personnel
- Personnel involved in the planning and management of tender process
- Leaders in the acquisition of materials, equipment and services
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented.
This training course is highly interactive and will prompt delegates to reflect on their current practices and goals. The tutor will guide and facilitate learning using a wide range of methods including direct input, discussions, case studies and exercises in groups and pairs.
The Course Content
Day One: Steps to Becoming World Class
- What World Class Procurement Departments do differently
- Category Management & Strategic Sourcing
- The Kraljic Matrix
- Winning Procurement Competencies
- Build a Solid Business Case
Day Two: Evaluating Your Own Operation
- Procurement Gap & Benchmarking Analysis
- Spend & Opportunity Analysis
- Developing the Procurement Department Strategic Plan
- Developing Key Performance Indicators (KPI) For Procurement
- Material Chain Management
Day Three: Continuous Improvement Roadmap
- Key Enablers of Procurement
- Agile Procurement
- Supplier Pricing and Managing Price
- Cost Reduction Strategies
Day Four: Supplier Management Approaches
- Supplier Classification System
- Supplier Qualification Methods
- Supplier Performance Metrics
- Managing Procurement Risks
- Contract Management
Day Five: Improving the Image of Procurement
- Global Sourcing
- Market Intelligence
- Stakeholder Management
- Ethics & Corporate Social Responsibility
- Keeping Current in the profession
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course