Why Choose this Training Course?
This Tendering, Procurement, & Negotiation Skills training course explores the process of identifying, selection and negotiating with the suppliers that is vital to ensure that your organisation is successful. No organisation can be successful without appointing the best suppliers and ensuring that contractual agreements maximise value for money. This AZTech training course will use experiences from the recent pandemic and introduce new concepts and ideas. By applying the right processes for selecting suppliers, availability and costs will be controlled, quality will improve and organisational efficiency will increase.
Suppliers will seek to optimise their return and need to be engaged in a way that ensures an appropriate relationship for the short and long term. Having the right knowledge and skills in tendering, procurement and negotiation is essential for any organisation to be successful and requires appropriate planning and preparation rather than luck and optimism.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- Selecting the right procurement strategy
- Understanding collaboration across organisations
- Developing tenders and producing tender evaluation criteria
- Analysing competitive bidding processes
- Practising negotiation skills
- Administration of the procurement and tender process
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Discuss elements of a good procurement process
- Develop methods of contractor performance measurement
- Learn methods of tender evaluation
- Review contract strategies
- Improve procurement and negotiation skills
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals, but will greatly benefit:
- Contracts, Purchasing, and Project Personnel
- Procurement Personnel who are responsible for negotiations
- All others who are involved in the planning, evaluation, preparation and management of tenders and specifications that cover the acquisition of materials, equipment, and services and who are in organizations whose leadership want high levels of competency in those involved in these activities
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. The training course is highly interactive and will prompt delegates to reflect on their current practices and goals. The experienced instructor will guide and facilitate learning using a wide range of methods including direct input, discussions, case studies and exercises in groups and pairs.
The Course Content
Day One: How Tendering and Procurement Aligns with the Organisation Strategy
- Influence of the external environment
- Adapting to new business models in the light of the recent pandemic
- Critical supply strategies
- Transforming the Supplier relationship
- The Procurement cycle
Day Two: The Tendering Process
- Elements of a good procurement process
- Selecting the right contracting strategy
- Stages in the tendering process
- Developing tender evaluation criteria
- Negotiating with short-listed suppliers
- Is a good price the only factor in the process?
Day Three: Advanced Procurement Skills
- Transforming the supplier relationship
- Defining the organization’s mission in supplier relationships
- Understanding how to be a good customer
- Differentiating between SRM and collaboration
- Is the optimisation of the supply base the only way of working?
Day Four: The Negotiation Process
- Communication techniques
- Avoiding confrontational negotiations
- New techniques in influencing
- Understanding the other negotiator’s power
- Negotiating pressure points and countermeasures
Day Five: Implementing Improvements in the Organisation
- Attract and retain procurement management talent
- Producing a realistic personal action plan for improvement
- Business continuity and contingency planning for procurement
- What is Activity-Based Costing
- Ways that procurement can improve finances
- Putting an action plan together
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course