Why Choose this Training Course?
This training course is designed and delivered specifically to develop delegates that have been identified as having management and leadership potential as well as those that are transitioning into a higher leadership role. It provides practising and potential leaders with an in-depth understanding of the skills, qualities and best practices required to become an effective leader. This AZTech training course focuses on the role and behaviours of leaders within organisations, developing their leadership skills and personal influence.
After attending this training course, delegates will be more confident and empowered in their role as a leader. This will also give those who are transitioning into a leadership role – a clear framework for developing their skills as a leader and fulfilling their leadership potential.
This training course will feature:
- Critical leadership transitions
- Making the step from peer to leader
- Building your presence as a leader
- Understanding of what it takes to lead others
- Key leadership behaviours that are in line with the organisation’s core values
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Identify and clarify the behaviours and competences needed to be demonstrated to achieve the next step in a Leadership role
- Demonstrate the skills required to lead - particularly those related to leading people
- Understand the importance of developing effective working relationships as a Leader
- Develop their personal presentation skills; communication skills; networking and building relationships with stakeholders
- Demonstrate a greater self confidence in their ability to lead self, others and the organisation
Who is this Training Course for?
The content of this training course is especially tailored to leaders of today. Participants that hold leadership positions and who have been identified by their organisation as a key part of the company's leadership succession plan are encouraged to attend.
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Newly promoted leaders that have recently transitioned into a leadership role
- Individuals identified as “High Potential”
- Existing Managers and Leaders who are looking to take the step into a more strategic Leadership role
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. The Tutor will utilise a combination of presentations, videos, class discussion, group and self-reflective exercises to examine all the elements of content. In a risk-free environment delegates can practice skills in a non-threatening environment. The emphasis will be on building the confidence for success.
The Course Content
Day One: Developing You as a Leader
- Effective leadership, adapting styles to meet the needs of those they will manage
- Making the transition from peer to leader
- Leadership behaviours
- The skills and qualities of an effective leader
- Understanding, establishing and maintaining authority
- Business awareness, understanding the ‘Bigger Picture’
Day Two: Leading Others
- Motivating the team and gaining commitment to objectives and targets, providing feedback and support
- Motivation from an organisation, leadership and individual perspective
- Setting SMART objectives and performance standards
- How to plan activities to meet organisational requirements
- Delegating, problem solving and decision making
Day Three: Effective Working Relationships
- Formal and informal working relationships
- Internal and external contacts and relationships
- Working with teams across the organisation
- Emotional Intelligence
- Building relationships with stakeholders
- How our behaviours impact on others and how to act positively to demonstrate trust and respect for individuals
Day Four: Developing Personal Presentation and Communication Skills
- How to prepare, deliver and answer questions about a presentation
- Three keys to effective speaking:
- Thorough preparation
- Good delivery
- Overcoming nervousness
- Skills of giving feedback to the team and management
- Communicating effectively with all stakeholders, internal and external to the organisation
Day Five: Building Confidence as a Leader
- Recognise own personal strengths and weaknesses as a leader and learn from experience whilst planning personal development to improve own performance and leadership skills
- How to build resilience and manage stress
- Three Sources of Resilience – Model
- Building a strong support network
- Personal Development and Action Planning
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the course