Why Choose this Training Course?
This highly acclaimed AZTech training course presents an in-depth appreciation of the principles of effective management and the practices that generate employee engagement and team productivity. Through the process of self-study, education and reflection on experience, this training course will enable delegates to widen their understanding of the Manager’s role and apply practical strategies that will deliver immediate impact and improvement.
Masterful management is the foundation that underpins all successful organisations. This interactive training course will enable participants to become the ‘Communicating Manager’ who instructs and listens; the ‘Managerial Leader’ that directs and inspires, the “Problem Solving” manager who generates solutions and the ‘People Developer’ who enables and empowers their people to peak performance.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- An evaluation of personal management style and its impact on performance
- Techniques to effectively manage conflict in the organisation
- Creating a “can-do” ethos and a climate of continuous improvement within the team
- Pragmatic tools to effectively manage self and others to exceptional performance
- Recognising and appreciating and harnessing the power of diversity
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Recognise their managerial strengths whilst setting strategic targets for personal and team improvement
- Employ a wide range of interpersonal skills to build relationships and promote engagement
- Utilise constructive feedback and coaching techniques that motivate future performance
- Evaluate team performance and diagnose strategies for sustained improvement
- Select and apply innovative ideas and techniques for problem solving
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course will be of significant benefit to all professionals who are interested in further enhancing their management skills. It is highly useful for personnel in all functional areas of an organisation and in all types of organisations whether government, private, military or health care and will greatly benefit:
- Employees about to undertake a line management role
- Technical professionals tasked with supervision of others
- Current managers who seek to rejuvenate and energise their existing knowledge to inform their practice
- Managers with career aspirations to take a future leadership role
- HR/OD Practitioners who support / coach Managers to improve their practice
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. Learning materials are carefully selected and designed to address all styles of learning and to engage participants fully. Lectures and discussions are either preceded or followed by powerful individual or group exercises. These exercises provide opportunities for personal participation in real situations and opportunity to analyse current organisational / team issues. This process makes training fun filled, fast-paced, challenging and empowering. This interactive training course uses the cutting-edge skills of Neuro-Linguistic Programming and Emotional Intelligence to open the delegates’ minds to how people think. All activities are focused to make an immediate impact and improvement in management practice.
The Course Content
Day One: The Manager in "You"
- The challenge of management
- Understand self to understand others
- Situation management; right style, right time
- Accepting responsibility
- Building positive relationships for peak performance
- Time management; delegation to empower
Day Two: Managing Workplace Conflict for Productive Outcomes
- Defining organisational conflict
- Understanding the causes of conflict
- The Thomas-Kilman Conflict Mode Instrument
- Appreciating and managing individual differences
- Moving conflict forward through “partnering paradigms”
- The creative benefits of productive disagreement
Day Three: Managing for Continuous Improvement
- A focusing on “kaizen”; philosophy to practice
- Internal consultancy; diagnostic tools that raise performance
- Organisational culture, dynamic tension and change
- Overcoming and managing resistance to change
- “Cognitive restructuring”; the paradox of the change process
- Structured guidelines for successfully implementing change
Day Four: Managing and Leading High Performing Teams
- The characteristics of high performing teams
- Identifying the dysfunctional team
- Team performance and the “money making” model
- Empowering team development: a quest for excellence
- Team roles for balance teams
- Coaching to enhancing individual and team competence
Day Five: Managing Problem Solving Activity
- Balancing analytical and creative thinking
- Using the collective wisdom of the team
- Capturing the power of brainstorming
- Creative problem solving to overcome obstacles
- Generating a “can do ethos”; viewing problems as challenges
- Action planning for future and sustained improvement
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course