Why Choose this Training Course?
Organisations with women leaders and those with a high ration of female to males in the C-suite are proven to be more successful and considered to be better places to work. Based on research and best practices, this AZTech 5-day intensive women’s leadership training course will help delegates identify the culture in their own workplace and difficulties this may present and increase their knowledge, skills and understanding of what it takes to be successful as a women leader. After attending the training course, not only will delegates benefit but all stakeholders will see appreciable change in the leadership of the organisation.
This training course will feature:
- Creating a work environment that works for everyone
- Maximising networking, coaching and mentoring to achieve success
- How to gain experience to move into more senior leadership roles
- Planning for strategy and action
- Making effective decisions under pressure and manage crises
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand leadership as a woman in the new leadership landscape
- Identify their aspirations and values as a leader
- Employ networking in organisations to enhance reputation and skills
- Increase their personal presence
- Create and maintain resilience and well-being as a female leader
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech leadership development training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Those currently in mid-management from any sector who aspire to lead in senior management positions
- Those women on fast track and graduate schemes
- Senior HR professionals responsible for talent and management development
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes case studies, videos, group discussions, self and peer assessment and input form an experienced and successful woman tutor.
The Course Content
Day One: Overview of Current Leadership
- Definition of a leader
- How is a leader is different from a manager
- What are the critical competencies, skills and abilities/attitudes needed for the future successes?
- What are the characteristics and behaviours of effective leaders?
- Why more women leaders are critical for an organisation’s success
- Are women leaders really different from their male counterparts
Day Two: Effective Leadership Communication
- Effective and productive communication tactics in a range of contexts
- The importance of story-telling to enlist supporters and facilitate decision-making
- Strategies and techniques for being heard in challenging situations.
- Specific approaches for overcoming conflict situations
- Managing negotiations
- Advanced Presentation Skills
Day Three: Identifying & Developing Your Leadership Style
- SWOT analysis of own abilities
- A comprehensive assessment and feedback
- Personal motivations, values, and strengths
- How others perceive women leaders in the workplace
- Effective strategies to improve performance and other’s perceptions
- How to gain a deeper understanding self and interaction with others
- How self- awareness helps a leader
Day Four: Developing Strategy
- Recognizing the importance of networking and how to set up a network
- Coaching and Mentoring – how can they help?
- What are the strengths and opportunities that can be leveraged?
- What are the obstacles and threats that have to be mitigated?
- Getting the people strategy right
- Critical thinking and analytics
Day Five: New Strategies and Driving Change
- Evaluating formal and informal networks to identify network strength and supporting individuals
- Envisioning new strategies for driving change in the organisation
- Visioning skills required to identify opportunities and alert others to new possibilities
- Assessing taking risks
- Adopting a new framework for thinking about risk, uncertainty, and failure
- Advancing women’s leadership in the workplace and develop strategies to make that happen
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course