Why Choose this Training Course?
This Mechanical Engineering Essentials training course will enable technical personnel to familiarize not only with sound engineering principles, but also with other engineering techniques including inspection; monitoring and condition evaluation. This intensive AZTech training course on Mechanical Engineering Essentials is designed to allow individuals working in fields such as mechanical, process and petrochemical engineering, and other related fields, an opportunity to update their skills and improve their basic knowledge of modern Mechanical Engineering skills.
Further, training course covers a wide breadth of subjects and concepts and of specific importance are material properties, design, static & rotating equipment design and inspection.
This training course will feature:
- Pressure vessels design, inspection and materials selection
- Heat exchangers types, design and failure analysis
- Valves types, sizing and materials selection
- Piping system design, inspection and fitness for service
- Pumps & compressors types, sizing and problems
- Turbines main components and failure analysis
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Perform NDE (Non-Destructive Examination) for static and rotating equipment
- Select proper materials for static and rotating equipment
- Understand the principle of operation and design for these equipment
- Protect the equipment from corrosion
- Identify different mode failures of static and rotating equipment
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Technical & non-technical personnel in the chemical, petrochemical, oil & mechanical industries with a need to understand and discuss fundamental mechanical engineering issues
- Maintenance and project engineers, production engineers, trainee mechanical engineers and plant operators
- Non-experienced personnel needing a basic understanding of Mechanical Engineering concepts
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes combined sound engineering principles, methods, and applicable codes & standards and best industry practices. Actual major incidents as well as industry experience will be reviewed in depth to reinforce every topic. Case studies and examples will cover a range of levels, making the course also suitable for non-technical staff.
The training course combines structured and focused presentations and discussions of topics covered with relevant examples and question & answer sessions to maximize the benefits to the participants. Participants will be provided with comprehensive training course notes and copies of all presentation material. These will be very valuable for detailed study and future reference.
The Course Content
Day One: Static Equipment, Pressure Vessels
- Pressure vessel parts and Service Classification
- Overview of ASME VIII-1
- Material Selection, Designation and Essential Properties
- Corrosion, Types, Allowance and protection
- Overview of API pressure vessel inspection
- Non-Destructive Examination
Day Two: Static Equipment, Heat Exchangers
- Classification of Heat Exchangers
- Overview of TEMA
- Design of Shell and Tube heat Exchangers
- Design of Air cooled and Plate Heat Exchangers
- Overview of API 660 and API 661
- Heat Exchangers Failure Mechanisms
Day Three: Static Equipment, Valves & Piping
- Valves Types and Characteristics
- Valve Components, Selection and Materials
- Valve and Actuators Sizing
- Piping Systems and Pipe Materials & Coatings
- Overview of API 570 - Inspection & Repair of Pipelines
- Fitness for Service, API 579 overview
Day Four: Rotating Equipment, Pumps & Compressors
- Pump Types and Performance Curves
- NPSH and Cavitation
- Pump Selection and Sizing
- Types of Compressors and Performance Curves
- Surge, Stall and Chocking
Day Five: Rotating Equipment, turbines
- Classification of turbines
- Gas turbines Main Components and Control
- Steam Turbines Main Components and Control
- Turbine Materials and Coatings
- Failure analysis of Gas Turbine Components
- Failure analysis of Steam Turbine Components
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course