Why Choose this Training Course?
This AZTech training course aims to share comprehensive and effective technical information regarding GSM and the GPRS network, services and the development of applications.
GSM has its origins in delivering voice, but does have data limitations. But, this is compensated by the packet-switched functionality that GPRS provides. As it is a packet-data technology, it has the ability to enable services such as e-mail and internet access. As a result of this, GPRS does provide a financial incentive. Furthermore, it has data transfer speed benefits, and architecture, protocols and functions fit for purpose. This is all explored, in a progressive manner, from GSM, to EDGE to GPRS.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- An understanding of GPRS network planning, as well as the project planning phase
- The practicalities involved in managing a GSM/GPRS project
- GPRS architecture, as well as services that are/can be provided
- GPRS protocols and their functionality
- IP network architectures and functionality
- GPRS network functionality
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Appreciate the functionality of a GPRS system
- Understand the transition/evolution from GSM to GPRS
- Comprehend and understand the existing and emerging standards
- The ability to review GPRS network architecture and protocols
- Explain GPRS security
- Understand GPRS troubleshooting
Who is this Training Course for?
This training course has been designed to provide a general overview and would be well suited to anyone that has an interest in this form of data transmission. It would be useful for those people who wish to understand the ins and outs of the technology, as well as those who deal with it daily.
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Network Professionals
- IT Professionals
- Strategic and Technical Managers
- Software and System Engineers
- Electrical and C&I Engineers
- Communication specialists
- System Testers
- Commissioning staff
- Maintenance staff
- Graduates and staff in training
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course in Dubai will utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This would include, but not be limited to, effective presentations, open discussions, simulations, paper exercises, individual and group exercises, as well as small subject evaluations at the completion of every chapter. Delegates will receive a comprehensive manual, as well as a pdf document containing the presentation slides. Questions are encouraged at all times.
The Course Content
Day One: GSM/GPRS Overview and GPRS Network Architecture
- GSM and GPRS overview and features
- GPRS nodes, interfaces, areas and procedures
- Mobility, session and resource management
- Nodes and interfaces associated with GPRS
- GPRS logical channels
- GPRS procedures
Day Two: GPRS Interface and SGSN Protocol Stacks
- Channel coding
- Frequency bands, TDMA-frames and multi-frames
- Protocols associated with air interfaces
- Protocol stacks, wrt GPRS-GMM, SNDCP and LLC
- Network services
- GTP and SS7-MAP
Day Three: GGSN, BSS & HLR Protocol Stacks
- GGSN protocol stack
- BSS protocol stack
- GPRS-LCC, BSSGP and SS7-SCCP
- HLR protocol stack
- MTP levels
Day Four: GPRS Management and Operation and EDGE
- GPRS management and operation
- Session and mobility management
- Enhanced Data Rates for Data Evolution
- EDGE channel coding
- Link adaption and incremental redundancy
Day Five: Network Planning and Traffic Aspects
- Planning, tools and procedures required for GPRS engineering
- Reviewing deployments
- IP address allocation and tunneling protocol
- Roaming and data transfer and charging
- Quality of Service
- Traffic aspects, such as call flow, attach and detach, backbone protocols,, etc.
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course