Why Choose this Training Course?
This Gigabit Ethernet Training course starts off, focusing on data communication. The increasing trend towards digital data communications has brought forward a multitude of problems concerned with interconnectivity, and these need to be dealt with. Varying standards also need to be considered. The first three days of the training course focuses on the fundamental principles related to data communication.
During the last 2 days, the emphasis shifts to the technical aspects of Ethernet and GigE, covering all aspects of 802.3ba. The main focus is on data centers that need to manage huge amounts of data.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- Basic principles of data communication
- The ISO OSI model
- Understand Ethernet and TCP/IP
- The basic definitions of GIGABIT Ethernet
- The implementation and operational aspects of Gigabit Ethernet
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Evaluating the impact of new and existing technology
- Consider appropriate data communication strategies
- Apply, install and troubleshoot a modern digital communication system
- Understanding all aspects of 40 Gb/s and 100 Gb/s operations and the detailed architecture and operation of 10, 40 and 100 Gigabit Ethernet
- Gigabit Ethernet MAC, interface description, PCS, interfaces and PMA interfaces
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course has been designed to provide a general overview and would be well suited to anyone that has an interest in this form of data transmission. It would be useful for those people who wish to understand the ins and outs of the technology, as well as those who deal with it daily.
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Network Professionals
- IT Professionals
- Strategic and Technical Managers
- Software and System Engineers
- Electrical and C&I Engineers
- Communication specialists
- System Testers
- Commissioning staff
- Maintenance staff
- Graduates and staff in training
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This would include, but not be limited to, effective presentations, open discussions, simulations, paper exercises, individual and group exercises, as well as small subject evaluations at the completion of every chapter. Delegates will receive a comprehensive manual, as well as a PDF document containing the presentation slides. Questions are encouraged at all times.
The Course Content
Day One: Overview, Numbering and Error Detection
- Overview of data communications
- Basic data communication principles
- Transmission characteristics
- Numbering systems
- Physical serial data communication standards
- Error detection
Day Two: Transmission Media, Modems and the OSI Model
- Cabling and other media
- Electrical noise and interference
- Modems and multiplexers
- Introduction to protocols
- The OSI model
Day Three: LANs, Topologies and Ethernet
- Local Area Networks (LANs)
- Network topologies
- Internet Protocol Suite
- Industrial Ethernet
- Internetwork connections
Day Four: Gigabit Definitions and Networks
- Introduction to Ethernet operations, sub-layers, physical layers and inter-sublayer interfaces
- Functional block diagrams
- 40 and 100 Gb/s network management
- Transmitting and receiving
- Errors, and fault handing
- Link fault signaling
Day Five: 40 and 100 Gb/s Implementation, Testing and Verification
- Functions, transmission codes and transmission processes, requirements and electrical processes
- 40GBASE-CR4 and 100BASE-CR10
- 40GBASE-SR4 and 100BASE-SR10
- 100GBASE-LR4 and 100GBASE-ER4
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course