An intensive professional development training course on
Planning & Decision Making
Creating Future Success through Direction, Clarity and Purpose
Why Choose this Training Course?
Writing down your goals regularly results in more than 50% more likelihood of achieving them and yet most people haven’t clearly defined their short and long term personal or work goals. Even clear goals don’t guarantee success without the accompanying planning, time, task and people management skills. A successful team know exactly what they are aiming for, why, how they are going to achieve it, and most importantly they have the confidence and motivation to get there.
This Goal Setting, Planning & Decision Making training course will take you step-by-step through from the big picture thinking and goal setting down to the daily details of planning and achieving results for yourself and your team. We will also explore the critical ability to make clear, correct decisions under pressure and to lead a team to success through empowered delegation, emotional intelligence and inspiring and effective communication.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- Techniques for creating effective work plans for individuals and teams
- Time Management principles and practices to plan, establish priorities, set and maintain goals
- Essential communication skills to empower improved performance
- Interpersonal and emotional intelligence to create better team work
- Logical and intuitive decision making and problem-solving techniques
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand and develop skills necessary to set goals and complete work on time
- Use basic planning process tools to plan work strategy
- Utilize a variety of methods to improve decision making and problem solving
- Understand how to delegate effectively to achieve goals and build your team
- Develop positive interpersonal techniques for better team relationships
Who is this Training Course for?
The AZTech training course is designed for anyone who desires to learn practical management techniques that will assist them in making good decisions, setting personal and team goals and develop personal and team plans but will greatly benefit:
- Those who need to become more effective in time management and planning
- Team Leaders and Supervisors
- Line and Functional Managers
- Managers of all levels
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This training course is an interactive mixture of lecture, discussion, activities and practice on several management skills. It provides definitions, examples, discussion and activities designed to promote skill building with interaction and discussion among participants.
The Course Content
Day One: Create Goals That Actually Get Done
- Macro and Micro Thinking: Getting clear about your purpose, vision, mission, values, goals and tasks and activities
- The power of visioning and visualisation in setting and achieving goals
- Harnessing the power of the subconscious mind, beliefs, attitudes and habits in goal setting
- SMART Goals, HARD Goals or BHAG Goals, which one is right for you and your team
- Strategic, Tactical and Operational Goal Setting in the Organisation
- Management by Objectives – The pros and cons
Day Two: Achieving Results through the Power of Planning
- The many benefits of planning
- Using mind-mapping for creative and logical thinking and project planning
- Best practices and technologies for project planning and communication
- Traditional planning vs new workplace planning
- Single use plans, standing plans, contingency and crisis plans
- Daily, short-term, midterm and long-term planning
Day Three: Getting things Done – Time and Task Management
- Working smarter rather than harder through leveraging your time
- Curing ‘last-minute-itis’ and creating good daily work habits
- Prioritising, organizing and scheduling your work
- Time Management secrets to adopt and time wasters to avoid
- The 10 natural laws of successful time management
- Best time management tools and technologies available
Day Four: Decision Making – Tools, Techniques and Psychology
- The art and science of good decisions
- Personality types and how they decide – Strengths and Weaknesses
- Best traits of an effective decision maker
- Decision making pitfalls and how to avoid them
- Logical and intuitive decision-making tools
- Creativity and problem-solving tools
Day Five: Leadership and Communication at Work
- Empowered delegation – Balancing task and team
- Leadership styles for the new work place
- Leading a team through times of change
- Inspiring others – The art of persuasive presentations
- Communication and emotional intelligence at work
- Summary and action planning from the week’s course
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course
In Partnership With
© 2024. Material published by AZTech shown here is copyrighted. All rights reserved. Any unauthorized copying, distribution, use, dissemination, downloading, storing (in any medium), transmission, reproduction or reliance in whole or any part of this course outline is prohibited and will constitute an infringement of copyright.