Why Choose this Training Course?
Power transmission and distribution infrastructure connects, cities countries, power plants, urban area and rural areas to electrical power. Smart grid infrastructure requires demand response, grid interconnects, energy management systems and energy storage. This AZTech training course in Dubai will include the conventional overhead and underground transmission and distribution systems.
The training course will also look into the micro grid which is a discrete energy system consisting of distributed energy sources including demand management, storage, and generation and loads capable of operating in parallel with, or independently from, the main power grid.
The relevant equipment like transformers, switch gears, circuit breakers will be discusses so as to provide an efficient and safe electric power transmission and distribution systems.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- The conventional overhead and underground transmission and distribution systems
- The smart grid network
- The micro grid system
- Power transformers
- Circuit breakers
- Protection relays and switchgears
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the difference between a transmission network and a distribution network
- Understand the characteristics of a smart grid
- Determine the components and merits of a micro grid network
- Explain the characteristics of the power transformers
- Understand the various arc quenching methods for circuit breakers
- Design a simple transmission and distribution network
Who is this Training Course for?
The training course will benefit the engineers, technicians and supervisors on the operations, functions of major renewable energy integration components. This AZTech course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Electrical engineers
- Electrical supervisors
- Power engineers
- Managers in-charge of electrical installations
- Project engineers
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilise a variety of proven adult training techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes presentation and discussion of latest videos and technologies on smart grids and renewable energy.
Questions are encouraged throughout, particularly at the daily wrap up sessions. This provides opportunities for participants to discuss with the Presenter specific issues and, if possible, find appropriate solutions. Specific goals of each participant will be discussed to ensure that their needs are fulfilled whenever practicable.
The Course Content
Day One: Transmission and Distribution Systems
- Overhead transmission system architecture
- Overhead transmission lines towers and cables
- Underground distribution system network layout
- Underground electric cables
- AC distribution system
- Types of substation layout
Day Two: Smart Grid Distribution System
- Components of a smart grid network
- Solar power characteristics
- Types of photo voltaic cells
- Smart homes and smart meters
- Consumer engagement in a smart grid system
- Wind power characteristics
Day Three: Micro Grid Distribution System
- What is micro grid
- Technologies available to make micro grid operate efficiently
- Characteristics of a micro grid
- Merits of a micro grid
- Overview of smart micro grid
- Installation with smart micro grids
Day Four: Power Transformers for Transmission and Distribution
- Types and operations of power transformers
- Characteristics of oil immersed transformer
- Transformer cooling systems
- Vector groups for power transmission and distribution transformers
- Transformer protection systems
- Green transformers and gas insulated transformer
Day Five: Circuit Breakers, Protection and Safety of Transmission and Distribution Systems
- Methods of arc extinction in circuit breakers
- Medium voltage and high voltage circuit breakers
- Vacuum circuit breaker operations and characteristics
- SF circuit breakers operations and characteristics
- Grounding at transmission and distribution substations
- Wrap up session with Q&A session
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course