Why Choose this Training Course?
This course increases the confidence of everyone to cope effectively in any communication challenge, including presenting in public, handling difficult people and conflict situations.
We communicate all the time, yet rarely think about it. We often communicate without being fully aware of the messages we are really sending. Success depends on being understood, understanding others and communicating well together. Building healthy working relationships is vital to business success. A major part of this is understanding your own personal communication style, how we can (and do!) influence other people, and how you use your style to create effective and rewarding business relationships.
What are the Goals?
After attending this course, delegates will be able to:
- Introduce a wide range of practical communication skills to the participants
- Deepen participants understanding and awareness of themselves and others and how to manage emotions and habits
- Clarify communication pitfalls and how to avoid them
- Enhance the participants ability to achieve results through working with others
- Provide opportunities for participants to assess their own communication skills
Who is this Training Course for?
Any work professional wishing to achieve maximum results from work situations that involve other people would benefit greatly from attending this course.
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This course is highly practical and participative. All theory is backed with interactive exercises, which enable participants to gain confidence in using the methods presented. They also get opportunities to observe and give feedback to other participants about their communication skills, thus reinforcing their own learning experience, plus plenty of coaching feedback from the trainer.
The Course Content
Day One: Self-Management and Emotional Intelligence
- Understanding the power of the subconscious in communication behaviours
- Understanding how we create habits and how to change to them
- What is emotional intelligence and how do we lose it?
- Understanding and overcoming the Ego
- Managing our emotions and feelings
- Calming down and reducing stressful reactions in communication
Day Two: Communication Basics: Knowing your Communication Style, Listening and Communicating Assertively
- Different communication styles
- Assessing your communication style and effectiveness
- Improving communication effectiveness
- The role of beliefs in assertive communication
- Practicing assertiveness skills & active listening
- Using effective questioning for clearer communication
Day Three: Building influence: Building rapport, Presenting Yourself, Using Voice and Body Language Effectively and Utilizing Technology
- Understanding the secrets of body language
- Making a good first impression
- Building rapport, building your network & influence others effectively
- How to make a presentation which people will remember
- Using visuals effectively and handling questions
- Mastering social media and avoiding blunders
Day Four: Overcoming Communication Challenges: Dealing with Conflict, Difficult People and Running Effective Meetings
- Strategies for managing difficult behaviour
- The different personality styles & How to get along with any person
- Running effective meetings
- Consensus decision making in meetings
- Understanding the sources of conflict at work
- Conflict Management Styles
Day Five: Working with Others: Delegation, Team Work, Leadership and Coaching Skills
- Different styles of leadership
- Common leadership mistakes
- How to develop teamwork
- Motivational communication
- The Who, what, and how of effective delegation
- The delegation process & Coaching Skills
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the course