Why Choose this Training Course?
This Strategy Excellence training course provides an effective way of understanding how strategy is created and executed. It is an opportunity for all professionals and leaders to learn how to convert strategy into an efficient operational performance. Strategy Focused Organisation (SFO) require a comprehensive execution model that supports long and short-term planning cycles; both strategically and financially. The execution model will supports the entire set of management processes in order to continually review and evaluate performance and to track and assess the effectiveness of strategic initiatives. This Strategy Excellence training course will provide the basis that links strategy, planning, operations, and risk on a single platform.
A good strategy is not enough for success. It requires a proven execution model to achieve the organisational vision. In 2006, the Monitor Group asked Senior Executive about their number one priority and the answer was “Strategy Execution”. Various surveys over the past two decades indicate that 60 to 80 percent of companies fall far short of the targets expressed in their strategic plan because of poor “Strategy Execution”. Professor Robert Kaplan and David Norton, the Gurus of BSC and Strategy Execution conducted a survey about the state of strategy execution and found that most of the organisations did not have formal systems to help them execute their strategies.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- How to define and develop Strategy and how to turn Strategy into an effective operational performance?
- The key components of a successful strategy management system, the tools and the techniques used to support execution
- Identifying and Managing the Human Factors and their Impacts on Strategy Execution
- Fundamentals of Business Planning, Execution, Progress/Results Measurement and Reporting
- The Concept of Performance Contract between the CEO of the organisation and the Chairman of the Board
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand and apply the Planning and Execution Framework
- Develop and communicate strategic vision, mission and intent
- Understand how to turn strategy into actionable, operational plans
- Set the conditions for successful execution of strategy and plans by creating optimal support structures, systems and processes
- Execute on the plans and lead tactically in the face of obstacles and challenges
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is suitable for Executives, Entrepreneurs, and Managers who must develop and execute excellent strategy in highly demanding, competitive conditions are encouraged to attend to this training course, it will also benefit:
- Line and functional managers
- Professionals responsible for strategy, marketing, business development, operations, HR, product development and other functional departments within businesses and other organisations
- Intermediate and advanced level managers
- Team leaders and supervisors within all sectors, private and public, profit and not-for-profit
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes speaker input, facilitated discussion, syndicate work and practical exercises, videos, self-tests, all with an emphasis on delegate involvement throughout.
The Course Content
Day One: Understanding Strategy and Strategy Execution
- Defining and Understanding of Strategy
- Linking Strategy to Action
- Setting Long Term Organisational Destination - Strategy is about Where are you Heading
- Strategy Documentation, Communication and Duration
- Defining Strategy and Operational Effectiveness - What is the difference?
- Barriers and Success Factors related to Strategy Execution including Leadership and Culture
Day Two: From Vision to Results: The Planning and Execution Framework
- Understanding the distinction between Strategy, Operations and Tactics
- How Planning and Execution Work
- Impact of Mission and Vision Statements on Strategic Planning
- Mission Analysis and Mission Leadership
- Measuring Progress and Results
- The Gap between Strategy and Performance
Day Three: Turning Strategy into Actionable Plan
- Invisibility of Performance Bottlenecks to Top Management
- Under Performance Culture Impact on Strategy and Performance Gap
- How to close the strategy and performance gap
- The Four Successful Steps in Turning Strategy into Actionable Plan
- Building A Strategy – Focused Organisation (SFO)
- The Six Loop Strategy Execution System including the Office of Strategy Management (OSM)
Day Four: Understanding the Meaning of Performance Measurements and Management
- Why do we need Performance Management System?
- Characteristics of Good Measures
- The Balanced Scorecard
- Defining Critical Success Factors
- Organisational Excellence
- How to Develop and Standardise Performance Metrics
Day Five: Implementing a Successful Performance Management System
- Gaining Management Commitment and Selecting a Winning Team
- Planning for Success – Strategic Business Planning Framework
- Performance Contract Framework
- The usage of charts in presenting effective reports
- Complete exercise on how to develop a Balanced Scorecard from scratch
- Conclusion and Wrap Up
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course