Why Choose this Training Course?
Currently the increasing numbers of women working in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) has been recognized as a valuable global resource with considerable growth potential. Improving confidence, assertiveness, technical writing, presentation skills, networking and assessing talent gaps can make considerable differences in the workplace. To assist the transition to managerial or business-led roles, we take time to recognise your key strengths and identify how those will add value to any organisation as well as preparing you to communicate this message. Understanding your business and global acumen whilst retaining Intellectual Property Rights can be key to personal success.
This Advancing Technical Women training course provides the skills needed to advance your technical career by creating a current impact assessment, identify missing talent gaps and understand the barriers to promotion through a skills audit resulting in a promotional pathway.
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Gain confidence and clarity in communicating more concisely and confidently technical information to seniors, peers, coworkers and customers, both technical and non-technical.
- Practice perfecting a personal 1-minute pitch, describing your job, scientific value and personal attributes to ensure your success is recognized at the workplace
- Provide you with skills to capture your success, communicate it and use it to advance your technical career
- Recognize your own technical strengths and weaknesses and assess your talent gaps to create a bespoke personal career map
Who is this Training Course for?
This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Women who want to boost or reconnect with their technical career progression
- Technical women who want to raise self-awareness and improve self confidence
- Academics who want to improve how to communicate their science to their peers
- Technical women who want to move into more leadership roles
- Managers and leaders who wish to nurture and develop their technical team
- Human Resources (HR) personnel in charge of technical staff
- Management planning to return to technical positions
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented.
The Course Content
Day One: STEM Careers Introduction and Self-Assessment
- Introduction to STEM Careers – Women in STEM
- Carry out a Self-IMPACT Assessment
- Map out Skills and identify any gaps
- Identify personal Stakeholders map & sphere of influence
- Review current Job Description and future Job description
Day Two: Introduction to Business Management
- Discuss the promotional criterion within the workplace
- Define your personal credibility in the workplace
- Understand how to maximise your full technical ability
- Review the necessary business skills
Day Three: Communicating your Science
- Understanding the value of your Technical Skills
- Communicating your science to your peers
- Technical report writing – creating standard templates
- Presentation skills – presenting science to non-scientists
- Finding your voice – influence and persuasion
- Advancing your science externally - LinkedIn
Day Four: Career Management
- Design your current Personal Development Plan
- Understand the importance of mentoring
- Is Job Shadowing an option?
- Time Management and Organisational skills
- Career Planning – setting achievable goals
Day Five: Future You
- Pitching yourself, learn the importance of self confidence
- Design a personal manifesto for future you
- Create a 5-year career plan
- Wrap up and Discussion
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course