Why Choose this Training Course?
This AZTech Training Course outlines the importance of having a Waste Recycling and Management Program in the workplace in addition to understanding the concept of Waste Recycling.
This course helps to raise both personal and public awareness of environmental issues including the benefits of reducing, re-using, and recycling of general environmental waste materials. These materials would otherwise be taken to landfill sites where they contribute greatly to environmental issues and encourage pollution in various forms. The course helps its attendants identify items which can be recycled through a recycling management program.
This AZTech Training Course will give details on these various types of contaminants and the new frontiers in eliminating or minimizing these contaminants ,the use of effective non-hazardous products in your company and also environmentally acceptable methods of disposal for both hazardous and non-hazardous wastes.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- Identify Waste Streams in your Organization
- The Value of Waste Streams
- Waste Management Practices
- Evaluate the Performance of Current Waste Contractors and Sub-Contractors
- Audit the Life Cycle of Waste
- The Benefits of the 7 R’s in Waste Management
- Monitor and Review of your performance
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech Training course, participants will be able to understand:
- The implications of the production, resource management, and environmental impact of solid waste management
- The components of solid waste management infrastructure systems, to minimize these effects
- Recycling, Reuse, and Reclamation of solid wastes
- Relationships between inappropriate waste management practices and impacts on water, soil, and sediment quality
- Current practices prominent in Waste
- The Implementation of systems available in solid waste management
- Assessing environmental guidelines, human activities, and environmental quality of impacted soils and water
- Integrating solid waste management options and imposed environmental legislation and guidance to develop legal and safe solutions
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is designed for waste managers and supervisors, including managers and supervisors in all waste-producing industries (e.g. including manufacturing and retail.) It is also ideal for municipal waste managers, waste planners (private and public sector) and anyone who wishes to explore opportunities in the management of waste .
This course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit all staff with a responsibility for the identification, storage, transfer and disposal of waste, including:
- Health and Safety Managers
- Environmental managers
- Facility Managers
- Operations Personnel & Managers, Shift Supervisors & Shift Team Leaders
- Process and warehouse staff
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes a combination of lecture, video, case studies, group discussion and participation in group/individual workshop session activities. Delegates are encouraged to bring specific experiences and issues they are facing to the session for group discussion.
The Course Content
Day One: Sustainable Waste Management: An International Context
- Waste Management Policies
- Sustainable Waste Management: Best Practice
- Environmental Risks and Their Management and Control
- Managing Pollution in the Environment
- Understanding the Life Cycle of Waste
Day Two: Waste Prevention
- Waste Prevention Best Practice in the Industry
- The True Cost of Waste
- Behavior and Culture of Waste Management
- Industrial Solid Waste: Audits and Minimization Strategies
- Management of Landfills
- Industrial Waste Strategies
Day Three: Re-Use and Recycling of Waste
- The Role of Materials Recovery Facilities (MRFs)
- The Role of Transfer Stations
- The Science of Composting in Waste management
- Open Windrow Composting
- ‘In-Vessel Composting’ (IVC)
- Food Waste
Day Four: Waste Recovery
- AD of Food waste
- Good Practice in the Management of Food Waste
- Waste Incineration with Energy Recovery
- Energy from Waste Incineration (EfW)
- EfW for Municipal Waste
- Landfill: Hazards and Risks
Day Five: Land Waste Disposal
- Principles of Sustainable Landfill in Various Countries
- Landfill: Engineering Considerations
- Long-Term Storage of Waste
- The Future of Waste Management
- Course Summary
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course