Why Choose this Training Course?
This unique Value for Money training course provides the tools and knowledge to maximise and embed Value for Money (VfM) approaches in an organisation, projects and programmes. It is designed to assist you in assessing whether an organisation operates in a cost conscious, efficient and effective manner.
This highly interactive AZTech training course will provide you with the best practice in economic theory as well as how to apply existing and emerging tools to capture and manage for VfM.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- Value for Money components
- Tools & Techniques of VfM
- Planning and Appraisal of programmes/projects
- Measuring efficiency
- Difference between Financial costs & economic costs
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to understand:
- The rationale and main features of VfM
- How to apply a wide-range of VfM tools
- The latest techniques to help manage costs, drive efficiency and ensure effectiveness
- How to embed VfM within the project cycle and M&E systems
- How to communicate good VfM and influence management decisions for sustainability
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is open to all and will be useful to all professionals responsible for the maximisation of VfM through all elements of programme and project design and delivery.
This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Auditors / Auditing Managers
- Accounting Executives / Managers
- Financial Reporting Managers
- Financial Executives / Managers / Controllers / Directors
- Budgeting Officers / Executives / Managers
- Cost Controllers, Executives & Managers
- Business/Investment Analysts & Managers
- Regulatory Compliance Officers
- Commercial Analysts, Executives & Managers
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes case studies from different sectors, group discussion, group work and interactive exercises and videos, pre & post course assessments will also be given to enhance learning outcomes for participants and to measure the effectiveness of this training.
The Course Content
Day One: Introduction to the Value for Money (VfM)
- Concept & Importance of VfM
- The Process & Approaches of VfM
- Methods of using a VfM Framework
- The principles of VfM
- Best practice for VfM
Day Two: Tools for Value for Money (VfM)
- Measuring and achieving VfM
- Performance measurement when using VfM tools
- Economy, Efficiency and Effectiveness (3Es)
- Managing key drivers, outputs, outcomes and impacts
- Applying management costs on VfM
Day Three: Managing Costs
- Identifying & calculating unit costs
- Linking unit costs to outputs and outcomes
- The difference between financial and economic costs
- Social Return on Investment (SROI) and cost-benefit
- Cost Effectiveness Analysis and Cost Utility analysis
Day Four: Managing Efficiency and Effectiveness
- Identifying indicators and measurement processes
- Accounting for social, economic and environmental
- Multi Criteria Appraisal
- Measuring efficiency within your organisation
- Measuring effectiveness within your organisation
Day Five: Maximisation of Value for Money (VfM)
- Structures and resources to support improved VfM
- Tools and techniques to communicate good VfM
- Managing for VfM in decision-making process
- Improving applied VfM skills
- How to maximise the VfM in your organisation
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course