Why Choose this Training Course?
In a post pandemic world, leaders are faced with immense challenges. Existing strategies may no longer be fit for purpose and new risks must be taken into account. The organisation’s planning process is under review, as are the managers contributing to strategy development. To be effective, leaders must be confident in people skills to persuade, negotiate and implement new approaches.
This AZTech training course encompasses both the techniques and methods of strategy development with the leadership and understanding of people which managers and leaders require to enable the plans to be implemented.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- Tools and techniques for strategy development and planning
- Approaches for identifying and managing risks
- How to deliver Win-Win negotiating strategies
- Self-awareness and development of effective leadership styles
- Practice in persuasion, negotiation and management of conflict skills
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Learn strategic planning tools
- Understand how to identify and mitigate systemic and operational risks
- Develop strategies and skills for win-win negotiations
- Become a self-aware leader and enhance leadership skills
- Gain confidence in the management of change
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course will benefit professionals who desire to learn practical high-level leadership and management techniques to maximize their effectiveness and contribution at work. The course will give them the understanding and skills to approach strategic and everyday challenges and problems with the awareness, confidence and self-assurance needed to take action and achieve positive results.
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Current and potential strategic leaders
- Those responsible for developing and leading strategy
- Directors, business unit managers and/or managers of all levels
- Functional team leaders in the public or private sector
- Supervisors/Line managers
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes mixture of speaker input, facilitated discussion, syndicate work and practical exercises, with an emphasis on delegate involvement at all times. The learning tools include video case studies, team problem solving and analysis tools to uncover core strengths and develop new ideas.
The Course Content
Day One: Strategic Planning
- Introduction to strategy - background, historical developments, major theories
- Strategic Management – a practical approach for every leader
- The steps involved in strategic planning
- Analytical tools and techniques
- The relationships between vision, mission and strategy
- The challenge of implementation
Day Two: Risk Management
- The meaning and nature of risk
- Managing Strategic and operational risks
- To mitigate or not?
- Risk mitigation strategies
- The importance of contingency planning
- Incorporating risk management into governance and strategy development
Day Three: Negotiating Skills
- What ‘Win-Win’ negotiations achieve
- Investigating organisational power
- Approaches and skills for effective negotiations
- The importance of preparation
- Where to draw the line
- Who negotiates and why
Day Four: Leadership Skills
- The strategic role and nature of effective leadership
- Charisma must be earned before it can be implemented
- Which leadership skills are keys to success?
- Leading in uncertain times
- Leading or managing, or both?
- Using persuasion to motivate staff
Day Five: Managing Change
- Communicating effectively
- The challenges of managing change
- Employing empathy whilst delivering objectives
- Gaining support, identifying the change agents
- Team leadership
- Developing a personal action plan for further self-development
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course