Why Choose this Training Course?
Why is Renewable Energy Integration essential in modern day electrical grid systems? This Renewable Energy Integration training course focuses on incorporating renewable energy, distributed generation, energy storage, thermally activated technologies, and demand response into the electric distribution and transmission system.
The solar power and wind turbines approaches are being used to conduct integration development and demonstrations to address technical, economic, regulatory, and institutional barriers for using renewable and distributed systems. In addition to fully addressing operational issues, the integration also establishes viable business models for incorporating these technologies into capacity planning, grid operations, and demand-side management.
Electric utilities are increasingly tasked with meeting Renewable Portfolio Standards, and are looking to generate power from wind, solar, geothermal, and biomass sources. But integrating the power from such renewable sources into the grid can be a daunting challenge.
This training course will have the following benefits:
- Reduce carbon emissions and emissions of other air pollutants through increased use of renewable energy and other clean distributed generation
- Increase of asset use through integration of distributed systems and customer loads to reduce peak load and thus lower the costs of electricity
- Support achievement of renewable portfolio standards for renewable energy and energy efficiency
- Enhance reliability, security, and resiliency from microgrid applications in critical infrastructure protection and highly constrained areas of the electric grid
- Support reductions in oil use by enabling plug-in electric vehicle (PHEV) operations with the grid
- Emphasis on wind power, solar power and energy storage systems
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the grid flexibility to renewable energy integration
- Determine the various types of renewable energy
- Explain the different types of solar panels
- Analyse the common types of wind farms
- Understand the various type of energy storage systems
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Electrical engineers
- Electrical supervisors
- Power engineers
- Managers in-charge of electrical installations
- Project engineers
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilise a variety of proven adult training techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes presentation and discussion of latest videos and technologies on smart grids and renewable energy.
Questions are encouraged throughout, particularly at the daily wrap up sessions. This provides opportunities for participants to discuss with the Presenter specific issues and, if possible, find appropriate solutions. Specific goals of each participant will be discussed to ensure that their needs are fulfilled whenever practicable.
The Course Content
Day One: Renewable Energy Generation - The Present, The Future and The Integration Challenges
- Drivers of renewable energy development
- State of the art integrating large capacities renewable energy
- Transmission and operation technologies and practices
- Wind power generation
- Photo voltaic power generation
- Concentrated solar power generation
Day Two: Technical Solutions for Integrating Large Capacity Renewable Energy
- Wind turbines
- Grid friendly renewable energy generation
- Improved flexibility in conventional generation
- Transmission expansion developments
- Promising large capacity electrical energy storage technologies
- Roles of electrical energy storage in renewable energy integration
- Standards for large capacity electrical energy storage renewable energy integration
Day Three: Grid Flexibility - The Key to Renewable Energy Integration
- Effects of wind and solar power on energy demand
- Power plant flexibility
- Forecasting and demand response
- Wind and solar power variabilities
- Challenges variable renewable energy poses to the grid
- Impact of fossil fueled generators
Day Four: Integrating Renewable Energy into the Transmission and Distribution Systems
- Approach to analysis of integrating renewable energy
- Integration of distributed and renewal energy generation
- Power quality impacts
- Electrical transmission and distribution systems
- Photo voltaic optimization and sensitivity analysis
- Wind optimization and sensitivity analysis
Day Five: Renewable Energy Integration in Smart Grids and Micro Grids
- Smart grid attributes
- Merits of smart grids
- Operation of micro grids
- Merits of micro grids
- Future of smart micro grids
- Wrap up session and Q&A session
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course