Why Choose this Training Course?
This Purchasing Management Specialist training course covers the skills required to lead a procurement team to world class performance. It focuses on the common “gaps” in performance that must be filled in order for Purchasing Management to provide the continuous improvements needed for organizations to meet their strategic objectives.
Further, this course encourages everyone how to be proactive rather than reactive in procurement activities and how to be working on the “right” things that display Purchasing’s creativity, flexibility, and supply market knowledge. It establishes how to provide and measure purchasing contributions to the organization so that this critical function can be elevated as a core organization competency.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- The skills and attributes of world class Purchasing Personnel
- Measuring leading performance
- Selection and application of management strategies
- Understanding the changing International Best Practices
- Managing supplier to obtain best in class results
What are the Goals?
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Learn how to develop high performance purchasing organisations
- Develop strategic purchasing plans & discuss how to improve internal customer service
- Appreciate and see the analytics that guide procurement strategies
- Explore many ways of reporting Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Understand the most important competencies for purchasing personnel
Who is this Course for?
This course is suitable to a wide range of professionals, but will greatly benefit:
- Procurement and Contracts personnel
- Purchasing, Contract Administration, Projects personnel
- Engineering, Facilities, Finance, and Maintenance Personnel
- Personnel involved in the planning and management of tender process
- Leaders in the acquisition of materials, equipment and services
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented.
The course is highly interactive and will prompt delegates to reflect on their current practices and goals. The tutor will guide and facilitate learning using a wide range of methods including direct input, discussions, case studies and exercises in groups and pairs.
The Course Content
Day One: The 1st Steps to Becoming World Class
- Stages to World Class Purchasing
- How Purchasing is viewed today
- Strategic Sourcing
- Developing Spend Profiles and the ABC Analysis
- New Job Descriptions for Purchasing of the future
- Purchasing Personnel Required Skill Sets
Day Two: Evaluating Your Own Operation
- What are Best Practices
- Purchasing Gap Analysis
- Vision and Mission for Purchasing
- Developing the Purchasing Department Strategic Plan
- Developing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for Procurement
- Developing a Company Purchase Price Index
Day Three: Continuous Improvement and How to Get It
- Cost Reduction Initiatives
- Methods of Cost Containment
- Waste in the Supply Chain
- Breaking Down the Elements of Supplier Cost
- Commodity/Service Strategic Planning
- Resisting Price Increases
Day Four: Supplier Management Approaches
- Supplier Classification System
- Supplier Qualification Methods
- Supplier Performance Metrics
- Apply Performance criteria to Purchasing Decisions
- Process Mapping to Eliminate Low Value Activities
- Applying eProcurement business process
Day Five: Improving the Image of Procurement
- Global Sourcing
- International Labor Rates Comparison
- Developing and Maintaining a Customer Focus
- Basic Issues in Corruption And Fraud Prevention
- Increasing the Level of Procurement Professionalism
- Keeping Current in the profession
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the course
- ILM Recognised Certificate for the registered delegates who successfully completes and pass the ILM assessment
Purchasing Management Specialist is an ILM Recognised programme of learning, created & delivered by AZTech for leaders and personnel involved in planning and management of tender process. The programme aims to develop knowledge and skills by encouraging to be proactive rather than reactive in procurement activities and how to be working on the “right” things that display Purchasing’s creativity, flexibility, & supply market knowledge.