Why Choose this Training Course?
What qualifications are required to become a procurement expert?
Public procurement refers to the acquisition of products, services, and works by governments and state-owned organizations. Governments are obliged to undertake public procurement efficiently and with high ethical standards in order to assure the delivery of high-quality services and protect the public interest, as public procurement consumes a significant percentage of taxpayer funds.
Public sector procurement is the method by which government agencies acquire goods, services, and construction and development projects from domestic and international suppliers. All of this is carried out in accordance with the general principles of justice and fairness. It also encompasses openness, competitiveness, value for money and cost-effectiveness.
Government procurement is an important component of service delivery. Due to the enormous number of expenditures, it represents, well-governed public procurement may and must play a significant role in developing public sector efficiency and building citizen trust. In addition to facilitating the attainment of urgent policy objectives such as environmental protection, innovation, job creation, and the development of small and medium-sized businesses, well-designed public procurement processes also contribute to their achievement and responsibly.
A public sector procurement specialist, on the other hand, controls the public sector's broad procurement process. To be a specialist in public procurement, you must have a background in law and business administration or its equivalent. The ultimate objective of most procurement specialists in the public sector is to locate high-quality commodities or services at an affordable price. This pricing should match the needs of the government. The degree to which this may be accomplished successfully and reasonably impacts the government's expenditure efficiency and overall financial performance.
Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) recommendation on Public Procurement is the guiding principle that promotes the strategic and comprehensive use of public procurement. It is applicable across all levels of government and state-owned firms and serves as a guide for modernizing procurement systems. It tackles the full procurement cycle and integrates public procurement with other aspects of strategic governance, such as budgeting, financial management, and other types of service delivery.
OECD’s recommendation expands on the underlying concepts on Enhancing Integrity in Public Procurement, broadening them to highlight the vital role governance of public procurement must play in attaining efficiency and promoting public policy goals. Well-governed public procurement contributes directly to higher public trust, enhanced well-being, and more successful and inclusive societies by assisting governments in achieving their policy objectives.
What are the Goals?
This training is designed to equip professionals in the public procurement industry to:
- Understand public sector procurement principles and objectives, norms of conduct, and ethical procurement practices
- Comprehend the procurement and contract management cycle in detail
- Examine available procurement techniques, tools, and methodologies
- Be aware of the different dangers underlying the public sector's general procurement procedure
- Adopt best practices in public sector procurement of products and services
- Describe the essential steps involved in the purchase process management
- Recognize the significance of procurement process risks and how to mitigate their consequences
- Acquire the knowledge required to make a build or buy decision during the procurement process
- Manage the required negotiations involved in the public sector procurement process
Who is this Training Course for?
- Public sector employees who work with procurement
- Non-procurement professionals managing procurement operations
- Officers in the Central, Federal, and State Governments who are responsible for procurement
- Specialists in procurement who wish to enhance their domain knowledge
- Operations managers and engineers who help procurement specialists
- Whoever desires to learn more about public procurement
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes and lectures leveraging years of hands-on trading, procurement experience across industries and many countries across the world. The trainer will use real-world challenges and solutions, exercises and case studies and an extensive course manual to maximum possible extend. There will be pre and post assessment tests will be conducted during the first and fifth day respectively.
The Course Content
Day One: Introduction to Procurement Management
- Basics of Procurement Management
- Project Procurement Management Processes
- Inputs for Project Procurement Management
- Tools and Techniques used in Procurement Management
- Outputs for Project Management Plan
- Operational Procurement Management
Day Two: What is Scope Management?
- Basics of Scope Management
- Project Scope Management Processes
- Inputs for Project Scope Management
- Tools and Techniques used in Scope Management
- Outputs for Scope Management Plan
- Hierarchy of Scope Documents
Day Three: Principles of Public Procurement
- The Procurement Life Cycle
- Procurement Rules and Principles in Public Sector
- Project Delivery Methods
- Contract Types
- Advertising Procurement Opportunities
- Prequalification and Tendering Process
- Vendor/Supplier Selection and Vendor / Supplier Management
- Case Study
Day Four: Cost and Risk Management
- The Project Cost Management
- The Project Schedule Management
- The Project Risk Management,
- Critical Path Method
- Earn Value Management Principles
Day Five: Negotiation and Contract Management
- Introduction to Negotiation Process
- Contract Management Process
- Change Management Process and Managing Changes
- Dispute Resolution
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course