Why Choose this Training Course?
The role of a product manager has changed in business-to business markets due to greater price competition, commoditisation and shorter product life-cycles, which can erode profit margins.
As a result, product managers are now expected to take the lead and ensure that their products and solutions are sold and marketed effectively, and profitably, throughout the product life-cycle. They now have to develop a commercial and market understanding, not just a technical one.
This AZTech Training course will show you how to adopt the latest best-practice, become a more strategic market-focused product manager; and develop product marketing plans that will help you to meet your objectives.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- Best practice B2B product management
- How to achieve product marketing objectives
- How to think strategically
- How to create superior value propositions
- How to manage your products in the market
- How adopt a clear direction instead of fire-fighting
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course you should be able to:
- Take the lead in marketing your products
- Construct a product marketing plan
- Adopt a more market-focused mind-set
- Think and act strategically
- Avoid being drawn into operational issues
- Understand value and avoid price erosion
Who is this Training Course for?
This training course is for product managers in business-to-business organisations who wish to adopt best-practice product management, which will empower them to take the lead in defining the strategy for their products or solutions in the market.
It is also for marketing directors and marketing managers who want their product managers to adopt a more strategic and market-focused approach, and take the lead in managing their products in the market.
This AZTech training course is suitable for a range of professionals and will greatly benefit:
- Product managers who want to take the lead in their markets
- Product managers who want to clearly establish their role
- Marketing directors who want their product managers to think and act strategically
- Marketing managers who want to integrate product marketing
- Product development managers who want to become product managers
- Technical experts who want to move into product management
How will this training course be presented?
This Aztech training course will be presented using a combination of formal presentations, discussions and syndicated exercises. Video, real-life examples and case-studies will also be used.
A major differentiator in this course is that it is highly practical, drawing from the presenter’s many years of experience in sales and marketing consulting for leading global B2B companies.
The Course Content
Day One: The Product Manager’s Role
- The role and challenges of a product manager
- How to deal with the sales force
- Constructing a B2B product marketing plan
- Strategic fit, corporate strategy and brand
- Defining scope and mapping market players
- Understanding the market and its drivers
Day Two: How Customers Meet their Challenges and How to Discover Value Opportunities
- Factors that impact on the market
- Stakeholders and how to prioritise them
- Understanding customers’ needs and challenges
- Profiling decision-makers
- Understanding the customers’ key success factors
- Defining gaps in the customers’ capabilities
Day Three: Targeting Competitors, Defining Key Success Factors and Market Attractiveness
- How to target competitors
- Understanding the competitors’ strengths and weaknesses
- Competitive strategies and how to compete
- Managing the customers’ perception
- Finding sustainable, profitable, competitive differential-advantage
- Analysing key success factors and capabilities
Day Four: Setting Objectives and Product Marketing Strategies
- Setting objectives and defining product strategy
- Defining target segments, customers and stakeholders
- Defining priority, importance, journey and tasks
- Creating the right product marketing mix
- Developing and managing the product portfolio - Innovation
- Discovering value and creating value propositions
- Value models that support price
Day Five: Designing the Communications, Managing the Channel, Implementing and Controlling the Plan
- Directing the communications to customers and stakeholders
- Briefing the marketing communications team
- Winning support from the sales force
- Managing channel partners
- Implementing and controlling the plan
- Verifying the plan
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course