Why Choose this Training Course?
Electricity is generated at power plants and moves through a complex system, sometimes called the grid, of electricity substations, transformers, and power lines that connect electricity producers and consumers. Most local grids are interconnected for reliability and commercial purposes, forming larger, more dependable networks that enhance the coordination and planning of electricity supply.
Electric power generation, transmission and distribution are part of the utilities sector. This sector includes all electric generating facilities powered by fossil fuels, including coal, petroleum or gas as the power source. Electricity are also available in the form of renewable energy such as solar and wind power.
The transmission process is usually overhead except for urban city premises. Power transformers are the main electric equipment installed for this mass transfer of bulk electricity. The distribution process can either be overhead or underground. This involves many control, protection and switching devices. This Power and Electricity Masterclass training course will feature an Overview of the Various Types of Electrical Power Generation, Systems Operations of Power Transformers, Circuit Breakers and Protection Relays.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- Conventional and unconventional method of power generation
- The smart grid system
- Overhead transmission lines methodology
- Operations and functions of power transformers
- Electricity distribution layout
- Protection, control and switching devices at distribution level
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to understand and analyse:
- Thermal power generation system
- Smart grid and renewable energy
- Importance and role of power transformers
- Overhead and underground transmission and distribution system
- Common protection, control and switching devices
Who is this Training Course for?
The AZTech training course will benefit the engineers, technicians and supervisors on the operations. It will greatly benefit:
- Electrical engineers
- Electrical supervisors
- Power engineers
- Managers in-charge of electrical installations
- Project engineers
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course in Dubai will utilise a variety of proven adult training techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes presentation and discussion of latest videos and technologies on smart grids and renewable energy.
Questions are encouraged throughout, particularly at the daily wrap up sessions. This provides opportunities for participants to discuss with the Presenter specific issues and, if possible, find appropriate solutions. Specific goals of each participant will be discussed to ensure that their needs are fulfilled whenever practicable.
The Course Content
Day One: Generation of Electricity the Conventional and Unconventional Methods
- Thermal power generation
- Nuclear power generation concepts
- Renewable energy generation of electricity
- Solar power generation
- Wind power generation
- The smart grid overview
Day Two: Transmission Processes and Types
- Overhead transmission lines characteristics
- Overhead transmission cables
- Underground transmission lines characteristics
- Underground transmission cables
- High voltage AC transmission lines
- High voltage DC transmission lines
Day Three: Transformer for Transmission and Distribution
- Construction and types of transformer
- Transformer oil characteristics
- Transformer cooling systems
- Transformer vector groups
- Green transformers
- Gas insulated transformers
Day Four: The Electricity Distribution Process and Equipment
- Types of substation layouts
- Arc extinguishing mediums
- Molded case circuit breakers construction and operation
- Air circuit breakers construction and operation
- Vacuum circuit breakers construction and operation
- SF? circuit breakers construction and operation
- New green grid gas insulation switchgears
Day Five: Protection, Switching and Grounding
- Types of protection relays
- Auto reclosers functionality
- Ring main unit for secondary distribution network
- Importance of grounding
- Methods of grounding
- Wrap up session, Q&A session
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course