An intensive professional development training course on
Medium Voltage &
High Voltage Switchgear
Operations & Maintenance
Effective Maintenance Routine for Electrical Equipment
Why Choose this Training Course?
This Medium Voltage & High Voltage Switchgear Operations & Maintenance training course will open a new window to current technologies related to the medium voltage and high voltage switchgear construction and characteristics. It will focus mainly only the operations and maintenance of electrical power distribution equipment namely the transformers, circuit breakers and gas insulated switchgears.
The common denominator for these equipment’s is the dielectric substance used. In view of the world’s reduce carbon footprint and elimination of global warming potentials new dielectric fluids and gases have emerged and have crept into the electrical power installations. This Medium Voltage & High Voltage Switchgear Operations & Maintenance training course will discuss the new innovations which not only protect the environment but also extends the life cycle costs, maintenance, safety, security and reliability of the equipment. Remote monitoring and conditioned based maintenance will be the mainstay of all modern medium voltage and high voltage switchgears.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- Understanding the types of medium voltage and high voltage switchgears
- Operation principle of medium voltage circuit breakers
- Identification of the various new fluids and gases used in an eco-efficient switchgear
- Maintenance of testing of switchgears
- Construction, operation and maintenance of high voltage transformers including remote monitoring and dissolved gas analysis
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the role and importance of switchgears
- Determine the components and operations of medium voltage and high voltage circuit breakers characteristics
- Explain the different types of eco efficient substances, fluids and gases and their applications
- Analyse the effective conditioned based maintenance for switchgears
- Testing and measuring instruments for safe operation of switchgears
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course will benefit all levels of professional in an electrical installation. It will enable them to understand operations and maintenance of medium and high voltage circuit breakers and switchgears. This training course will greatly benefit:
- Electrical supervisors
- Plant electricians
- Operations & maintenance engineers, supervisors & technicians
- Maintenance technicians
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilise a variety of proven adult training techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes presentation and discussion of latest videos and technologies on medium and high voltage switchgears.
Questions are encouraged throughout, particularly at the daily wrap up sessions. This provides opportunities for participants to discuss with the Presenter specific issues and, if possible, find appropriate solutions. Specific goals of each participant will be discussed to ensure that their needs are fulfilled whenever practicable.
The Course Content
Day One: The Role and Importance of the Switchgear in Power Systems
- Circuit breakers, auto reclosers, disconnectors and sectionalisers operations
- Earth switches construction and applications
- Switchgear symbols on single-line diagrams
- Substation switchgear layouts
- Types of current situation
- Fault clearing process
Day Two: Sulphur HexaFlouride (SF6) and Vacuum Circuit Breakers
- Compression principles
- SF6 hazards and test equipment
- Dead and Live tank HV circuit breakers
- Operation mechanisms of HV circuit breakers
- Vacuum interrupters operation and maintenance
- Automated circuit breaker monitoring
Day Three: Eco Efficient Switchgears with Relevant Dielectric Fluids, Gases and Substances
- Understanding reduction of carbon footprint and global warming potential
- Types of eco-friendly fluids used in transformers
- Green gases used in electrical switchgears
- The medium and high voltage vacuum circuit breakers
- The state of the art gas insulated substation switchgears
- Eco efficient instrument transformers
Day Four: Maintenance and Testing Instruments
- Importance of maintenance
- Maintenance strategies
- Conditioned base maintenance related to infra-red and partial discharge
- Measuring and testing instruments
- Dissolve gas analysis for transformers
- Digital substation
Day Five: Protection Relays, Digital Instrumentation and Remote Monitoring
- Numerical relays characteristics and functionalities
- Numerical relays applications
- Power transformer major components
- Digital transformer and relevant instrumentations
- Importance of transformer maintenance and relevant test procedures
- Wrap up session with Q&A
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course
© 2024. Material published by AZTech shown here is copyrighted. All rights reserved. Any unauthorized copying, distribution, use, dissemination, downloading, storing (in any medium), transmission, reproduction or reliance in whole or any part of this course outline is prohibited and will constitute an infringement of copyright.