Why Choose this Training Course?
Globally, most of organizations nowadays are facing new problems due to changing environmental, operational, legislations and financial issues. This led to an increased focus on internal audit's role in good governance, management, and an assurance of the quality of its own activities. This Internal Audit Quality Assurance training course can enable the internal audit which can provide the organization with opportunities to fulfilling a business requirement and the credibility with stakeholders. The internal auditors need to assess the activity’s conformance with the international Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and its effectiveness in providing assurance/consulting services to the Organization’s board of directors, senior executives, and other interested parties.
This Internal Audit Quality Assurance training course is designed to provide you with the guidance to assesses the efficiency and effectiveness of the internal audit activity and identifies opportunities for improvement conform to the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing through a Quality Assurance and Improvement Program.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- The international Standards that make up the International Professional Practices Framework
- The building of an effective Quality Assurance and Improvement Program
- The best practices guidance in the consultancy role of internal audit
- The external assessment requirement that an internal audit activity must have conducted
- Knowledge and Skills Development to ensure tangible benefits for your organization
What are the Goals?
This AZTech training course covers the internal audit quality assurance and provides auditors with an understanding of the necessary knowledge and skills to enhance internal audit function.
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Provide an overview regarding standards which require quality assurance focus
- Identify how to establish a Quality Assurance and Improvement Program
- Enhance use of ‘Conformance with International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing’
- Provide guidance on using the Manual programs to conduct a self-assessment with independent external validation
- Determine the efficiency of your internal audit function
- Identify and practice facilitation skills and issues in your own environment
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Auditors / Auditing Managers
- Accounting Executives / Managers
- Financial Reporting Managers
- Financial Executives / Managers / Controllers
- Budgeting Officers / Executives / Managers
- Business / Investment Analysts & Managers
- Regulatory Compliance Officers
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. The training methodology includes case studies, group discussion, group work and interactive exercises and videos, pre & post course assessments will also be given to enhance learning outcomes for participants and to measure the effectiveness of this training. The instructor will also facilitate learning by encouraging the delegates to test and critically appraise any theories and concepts on the training course.
The Course Content
Day One: Internal Audit, Quality & Performance
- Concept of Internal Audit
- Types of internal audit function
- The Principles of Conduct of the Code of Ethics
- The International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards)
- Meaning of Quality and performance
- Measuring performance
Day Two: Quality Assurance & Improvement Program
- The framework for quality assurance
- Requirements of the Quality Assurance and Improvement Program
- Evaluation of the conformance with relevant policies, procedures, and standards
- The application of the Code of Ethics
- Assess the efficiency and effectiveness of the internal audit activity
- Identifies opportunities for improvement
Day Three: Internal Assessments
- Ongoing monitoring of performance of the internal audit activity and staff.
- Periodic self-assessment and review
- Assess internal audit activity’s charter
- Evaluate the applicable legislative and regulatory requirements
- Establish benchmark of the internal audit activities
- Establish metrics to indicate improvement in organization
Day Four: External Assessments
- Importance of external assessment
- Form of external assessment
- Frequency of external assessment
- Internal audit and audit committee function
- Assessment of conflict of interest
- Following up the results & recommendation of external assessments
Day Five: Using the Quality Assessment Manual to Conduct Self-Assessment
- The effectiveness of using the resources
- The best successful practices
- The organization’s risk management
- Reporting on the Quality Assurance and Improvement Program
- Disclosure of non-conformance
- Compliance with the regulatory requirements
- Case studies in each day activity
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course