The Executive Programme in Management and Leadership is designed to help participants put effective, collaborative methods of leadership to work in their organizations. Delegates will focus on developing their own leadership skills and personal influence, as well as explore strategies for building a team of strong individuals who will support each other, deal with tough problems in an efficient manner, and take accountability for results.
Effective leaders possess the inner compass that guides their daily actions and enables them to earn the trust of their colleagues. The next generation of business executives will success by developing outstanding leaders who empower leaders at all levels throughout their organization.
Today’s executives have no room for error in navigating the market upturn to ensure their organization's survival and success. This all-new capstone to our Management Programme is a fast track to more effective senior management by learning to best leverage your corporation’s competencies and build high value, sustainable growth.
The course will focus on the following:
- Starting with a personalized diagnosis of your current processes
- Review prevalent management practices on today’s organisations
- Managing and engaging people through organizational performance
- Develop key leadership skills
- Lead successful teams
This comprehensive programme consists of two modules which can be booked as a 10 Day Training event, or as individual, 5 Day courses.
Module 1 - The Advanced Management Programme
Module 2 - The Leadership Development Programme
By the end of the course, the delegate will be able to:
- Understand and contribute to a discussion of emerging business issues in management.
- Determine your leadership and management advantage and plan your future in a risk free environment.
- Build on core functional competencies by creating a sustaining competitive advantage.
- Understand key leadership styles/behaviours and in which context to use them.
- Discover the core competencies required for exemplary leadership.
The content of this seminar is especially tailored to all levels of management. This programme focuses on new topics in coordination with the constantly changing business environment; so previous participants from prior years are encouraged to rejoin. Participants that hold leadership positions and who have been identified by their organisation as a key part of the company's succession plan are encouraged to attend.
An ideal candidate is:
- A team leader or a management professional
- A senior functional professional
- A member of the executive committee
- The head of a major business unit
The program is delivered in a highly interactive, hands-on learning style by senior consultants with corporate experience. In addition to trainer-led group discussions, case studies, and learning group exercises, this programme includes experiential learning and other instructional modalities to accommodate a variety of executive learning styles and to improve learning and retention.
In attending this course the delegates will gain the following benefits:
- Turn ideas into action through a hands-on case which interconnects all the influences on general management decisions
- Capture advanced-level management learning in a concise and dynamic format
- Build readiness to seize opportunities as markets turn up
- Be a more effective leader by developing greater confidence in your capabilities
- Become an empowering leader that fosters effective teamwork
- Focusing on ways to create value in a downturn.
- Understand results-oriented view of marketing prepares senior leaders to manage marketing across multiple areas.
- Gain effective strategies for maximizing potential for greater bottom-line and shareholder value.
- Progress into new business initiatives by leveraging leadership opportunities.
- Tests and develops innovative leadership approaches.
The Course Content
Module 1: The Advanced Management Programme
Performance Management Process
- Integration of Proven Management Methodologies
- Fact-Based Data and Information Technology
- Motivation and Performance Management
- Performance Management as an Appraisal Process
- Performance Management Around the Globe
Leading Organizational Change Through Innovation
- Strategy Innovations Is Managing the Future
- Strategy Innovations is Not Strategic Planning
- Managing Innovation and the Discovery Process
- The Discovery Process: Staging, Aligning, Exploring, Creating, Mapping
- The Future of Strategy Innovation Systems in Management
Leveraging Management Based Activities
- Questions and Definitions of Activity Based Management
- Activity Based Management as a Key to Success
- Operational Activity Based Management for Continuous Improvement
- Strategic Activity Based Management for Profitability
- Activity Based Management Supports Performance Management
Integration of Performance Management
- Customer Intelligence and Relationship Management
- Supplier Intelligence: Managing Economic Profits Across the Value Chain
- Process Intelligence and Six Sigma Quality and Lean Thinking
- Shareholder Intelligence
- Employee Intelligence
Knowledge Based Management and Organisations
- Enabling Knowledge-Based Competence of a Corporation
- Strategic Management of Knowledge
- Market Research in Product Development
- Human Resource Management and Knowledge Creation
- Organizing and Managing Innovation in a Knowledge-Based Economy
Module 2: The Leadership Development Programme
Ethics and Integrity in Leadership
- What is Effective Leadership?
- Redefining Assumptions About Leadership
- Inner Voyage that links performance to morality
- How leaders harness integrity to achieve greatness
- Case studies in Ethics and Integrity
Exemplary Leadership Styles
- Styles of exemplary leadership
- Positioning yourself as a leader with any audience
- Applying different mixes of leadership in different settings
- Achieving strategic alignment with your team and organization
- Getting different people to buy in to strategic change
The Authentic Leader
- Identifying your purpose and establishing it as a cornerstone of your leadership approach
- Leading by example; creating a culture of authenticity, high standards, and shared responsibility
- Empowering others to lead—exploring effective approaches that work
- Leading from strength; acknowledging and using your influence
- The authentic leaders – a servant leader
The Psychology of Leadership
- Defining and finding your own leadership values
- Translating values into behaviours to build the right culture
- Heightened awareness necessary for personal and organizational transformation
- Personal discovery and insight about your leadership performance
- The psychology of leadership and its implications on behaviour
Sustainability of a Leader
- Self-development of the leader
- How these competencies relate to your work environment
- Gaining commitment from employees
- Creating a vision to sweep away mediocrity
- Preparing for your personal self development plan
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the course.