Why Choose this Course?
This course is designed to develop your financial modelling skills through the evaluation and analysis of real-life case studies. It will also develop your knowledge and understanding of finance enabling you to make financial decisions which will, reduce costs, increase profit and minimize risk. The course will examine the latest tools and techniques modelling risk management and performance of oil & gas projects using sensitivity and scenario analysis, simulating world events, such as oil price volatility.
This course will feature:
- Practical application of financial modelling skills to real life case studies in the Oil & Gas sector and your company
- Development of finance knowledge and its application to business problems and decision making
- The development of Financial Models which will be of practical use to you and your organization
- Excel and the latest financial analysis tools and techniques
What are the Goals?
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify & make improved financial decisions
- Develop financial models
- Apply the latest tools and techniques to analyse financial data
- Manage financial risk using financial models
- Evaluate the performance of projects using financial models
Who is this Course for?
This course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Professionals who need to develop a greater understanding of finance
- Professionals who need to develop their financial modelling skills
- Those who make decisions using financial models or are impacted by those decisions
- Those responsible for managing finance
- Those responsible for managing or monitoring oil & gas projects
How will this be Presented?
Throughout the course delegates will work on case studies and real life examples to develop their Financial Modelling and Finance skills.
The course is taught by an experienced financial practitioner, who will guide you through finance and the latest tools and techniques, using a range of methods including discussions, case studies and exercises. Where appropriate, these will include real issues brought to the workshop by delegates.
The course is highly participatory ensuring that delegates leave with new skills to benefit their personal and organizational development.
The Course Content
Day One: Foundations of Finance
- Financial & Management Accounting
- Developing Financial Statements – Income Statement, Balance Sheet (Statement of Financial Position) & Cashflow Statements
- Financial Performance using Ratio Analysis
- Management Accounting – developing budgets
- OPEX & CAPEX
- Financial Terminology Explained
Day Two: Foundation of Modelling
- Basic Excel functions
- Steps to develop a Financial Model
- Flow charting Techniques to improve Modelling
- Input Tables
- Pivot Tables
- Foundation Analysis Tools in Excel
Day Three: Financial Modelling
- Forecasting the Income Statement, Balance Sheet (Statement of Financial Position) & Cashflow Statements
- Budgeting Models
- Purchase Decisions
- Modelling Finance Decisions – Equity or Debt and the Cost of Capital
- Capital Investment Decisions – Payback, ARR, NPV & IRR using Excel
- Graphs & Charts to support financial models
Day Four: Modelling Risk Management Scenarios
- Identifying the major Risks in the Oil & Gas sector
- Modelling Risk & Uncertainty
- Sensitivity Analysis
- Scenario Analysis
- Break Even Analysis
- Modelling & Managing changes in Interest Rates & Exchange Rates
Day Five: Modelling the Financial Performance of Oil & Gas Projects
- Variance Analysis
- Critical Path Analysis – Financial & Manpower implications
- GANTT Charts
- Earned Value Analysis
- Managing Variances
- Simulating changes in the project
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the course.