An intensive professional development training course on
Effective Financial Modelling
in the Power Industry
Financial Modelling to Aid Decision Making
Why Choose this Training Course?
This comprehensive Effective Financial Modelling in the Power Industry training course is designed to develop your financial modelling skills through the evaluation and analysis of real-life case studies in the Power Industry. It will also develop your knowledge and understanding of finance enabling you to make financial decisions which will, reduce costs, increase profit and minimize risk. The Effective Financial Modelling in the Power Industry training course will examine the latest tools and techniques modelling risk management and performance of Energy related projects using sensitivity and scenario analysis, simulating world events, such as oil price volatility and demand/supply changes.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- Practical application of financial modelling skills to real life case studies in the Power Industry and your company
- Development of finance knowledge and its application to business problems and decision making
- The development of Financial Models which will be of practical use to you and your organization
- Training using laptops, Excel and the latest financial analysis tools and techniques
- Supporting material in both hard and soft copy
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Make improved financial decisions
- Develop financial models relevant to the Power Industry
- Apply the latest tools and techniques to analyse financial data
- Manage financial risk using financial models
- Evaluate the performance of Power Industry projects using financial models
How will this Training Course be Presented?
Delegates will be provided with laptops and throughout the course they will work on case studies and real life examples from the Power Industry to develop their Financial Modelling and Finance skills.
The training course is taught by an experienced financial practitioner, who will guide you through finance and the latest tools and techniques, using a range of methods including discussions, Power Industry case studies and exercises. Where appropriate, these will include real issues brought to the workshop by delegates.
The training course is highly participatory ensuring that delegates leave with new skills to benefit their personal and organizational development.
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals from the Power Industry but will greatly benefit:
- Professionals who need to develop a greater understanding of finance
- Professionals who need to develop their financial modelling skills
- Those who make decisions using financial models or are impacted by those decisions
- Those responsible for managing finance
- Those responsible for managing or monitoring Energy related projects
The Course Content
Day One: Financial Modeling in the Power Industry
- The Role of Financial Modelling in the Power Industry
- Developing a Financial Model
- Estimating Costs using Financial Models
- Forecasting Energy Prices; Exchange Rates and Interest Rates
- Forecasting using Statistical Methods in Excel – Time Series Analysis, Exponential Smoothing, Correlation & Regression Analysis
- Preparing the Cash Flow Forecast; Income Statement, Balance Sheet (Statement of Financial Position)
Day Two: Financial Models to Improve the Performance of Energy Projects
- Estimating Activity Cost & Duration
- Minimizing Downtime and Faults
- Critical Path Analysis/GANTT Charts – Financial & Manpower implications
- Earned Value Analysis- to identify Project Cost and Schedule Variances
- Simulating changes in the project
- Variance Analysis
Day Three: Financial Models to Evaluate Growth Opportunities in the Power Industry
- Models to simulate growth strategies
- Modelling Finance Decisions – Equity or Debt and the Cost of Capital
- Capital Investment Decisions – Payback, ARR, NPV& IRR using Excel
- Examining the Impact on Working Capital
- Purchase Decisions
- Mergers & Acquisitions – Modelling the impact on Share Price, Market Value, Earnings & EPS
Day Four: Models to Manage Financial Risks & Uncertainties
- Identifying & Managing Financial Risks in the Power Industry
- Modelling Risk & Uncertainty
- Simulating changes to Costs & Accounts Payable
- Simulating changes to Sales Volume, Energy Price & Accounts Receivables
- Break Even Analysis
- Using Derivatives to Managing Energy Prices Volatility, Interest Rates & Exchange Rates
Day Five: Evaluating Financial Performance using Financial Models
- Cross Sectional & Time Series Models of Analysis
- Financial Ratio Analysis
- Benchmarking Performance
- Evaluating Return on Capital Employed
- Maximising Shareholder Wealth
- Modelling Decision making to Improve Performance
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course
In Partnership With
© 2024. Material published by AZTech shown here is copyrighted. All rights reserved. Any unauthorized copying, distribution, use, dissemination, downloading, storing (in any medium), transmission, reproduction or reliance in whole or any part of this course outline is prohibited and will constitute an infringement of copyright.