An intensive professional development training course on
Developing the Skills
of a Supply Chain Leader
Creating Leaders for Organisational Success
Why Choose this Training Course?
The Supply Chain Leader Development online training course aims to increase awareness of leadership and to raise the skills of the Supply Chain leader. This exciting and stimulating AZTech online training course explores strategies for building a team of strong professionals who will support each other, deal with tough problems efficiently, and take accountability. This training course focuses on tactful leadership practices that are effective in any business setting which introduces delegates to the variety of skills needed to be successful and also offers a comprehensive overview of good management practice offering a compendium of ideas which will impact your practice immediately. This developing skills of a supply chain leader training course will discuss the differences between leadership and management and highlight on what makes a leader in the Supply Chain. Part of the answer is the ability to ‘influence’ others – organisations get more from motivated teams than groups of individuals.
Leadership makes this greater motivated team happen, it is a skill that involves understanding a number of core concepts then being able to put these into practice. How to ‘master’ people management & team leadership in Supply Chains can be taught and makes a tangible difference to the manager, the team and the organization.
This AZTech online training course will feature:
- Appreciation of the benefits of clear communication, influence through building rapport, how to recognize and then manage conflict
- Key factors and steps in team building, people management and how to motivate in the demanding area of the Supply Chain
- Understand and define the key aspects and potential of your role
- How to be more effective, increase personal impact, make better use of time, and delegate appropriately
- Mastering people management & team leadership through dynamic coaching, mentoring and development
What are the Goals?
This online training course will introduce the fundamental principles of how to effectively manage people and lead teams and show participants how to share this knowledge through in the demanding area of the Supply Chain.
By the end of this online training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand your role as a leader in the Supply Chain
- Build an effective team and exceed expectations
- Manage your workload using effective prioritisation and delegation techniques
- Establish clear objectives, setting standards and measuring performance for your teams
- Maximise your influencing skills through skilled communication
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech online training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes being presented in a highly interactive manner, with an effective discussion and computer presentation style.
Together with fellow participants, you will bring a wide variety of experience and resources to the training course. The training course facilitator’s role is to help you learn for yourself and to assist you as you make sense of new ideas and techniques that you can use at work. We learn things as we try them out, stepping out of the zones that we find comfortable. Joining in role-plays is often the best way to find out how we are doing with our learning. The training course facilitator will give you some input and then help you to make sense of the models through some discussion and then practice. You’ll then be able to apply the learning to your workplace.
Who is this Training Course for?
This online training course will greatly benefit all individuals who wish to improve their knowledge of leadership in the Supply Chain and develop their personal power and effectiveness:
This AZTech online training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Supply Chain Managers
- Supply Chain supervisors
- Those in the organization wanting to learn more about the Supply Chain leadership
- Professionals in the organisation who want to understand the principles of leadership
The Course Content
Day One: Understanding Supply Chain Leadership Principles
- Principles of effective leadership
- Appreciate own leadership strengths and limitations
- Types of leadership styles: controlling & empowering styles
- Balancing conflicting stakeholder demands
- What does your organisation want from you?
- Leadership behaviour flexibility
Day Two: Personal Effectiveness, Motivating and Setting Objectives
- Understanding yourself and the Supply Chain environment
- Motivating colleagues
- Setting personal and team objectives
- Managing performance
- Finding and using time effectively
- Building morale to achieve goals
Day Three: Communication, Influence and Conflict Management
- Communication channels
- The importance of effective listening skills in the Supply Chain
- Techniques to manage your emotions
- Persuasion and negotiation: the keys to personal influence
- How to manage conflict assertively
Day Four: Building High Performance Teams
- How high-performing teams work
- Identifying Team Roles
- Teams in Practice: Team Building Exercise
- How to achieve team cohesiveness
- Identifying members’ developmental needs
- Building and Sharing a Supply Chain Vision
Day Five: Empowering Others to Succeed
- What does an empowering leader do?
- Tips for empowering employees
- How to delegate successfully
- Strategies to become an empowering leader
- Empowerment in conflict management
- Developing an action plan
- AZTech e-Certificate of Completion will be awarded to delegates who attend and complete the online training course
In Partnership With
© 2024. Material published by AZTech shown here is copyrighted. All rights reserved. Any unauthorized copying, distribution, use, dissemination, downloading, storing (in any medium), transmission, reproduction or reliance in whole or any part of this course outline is prohibited and will constitute an infringement of copyright.