An intensive professional development training course on
with Power and
Impact for Women
Building an Effective Personal Brand
Why Choose this Training Course?
The number of women working in key roles in commerce and industry is increasing rapidly and women are becoming more influential. However, many women underestimate their abilities and skills and consequently do not put themselves forward for promotion or talk comfortably about their competence and potential.
This Communication with Power and Impact for Women training course dedicated to women in management and supervisory positions will cover the issues which often represent a mental block for women in their advancement and those that make them hesitant about arguing their case and putting forward their views in meetings and other situations. The key skills of the fully professional woman will be examined with opportunities to share experiences and examine delegates’ thought processes and beliefs
This training course will feature:
- The psychology of confidence and self-belief
- The essential communication skills
- Power bases and influence
- Dealing with prejudice and bias
- Strategic thinking
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Recognise their strengths and overcome their weaknesses
- Speak with confidence and conviction
- Make objective critical and strategic decisions
- Influence and persuade others
- Present information and ideas in a convincing manner
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes self- report questionnaires and analysis, group discussion, individual presentations, individual and group exercises, videos and input from the international course tutor.
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals and is specially designed for women and will benefit both those who aspire to higher management positions and those who already hold more senior positions but feel limited. It will be especially useful and will greatly benefit to the following:
- Those on graduate training schemes
- Women returners
- Supervisors wanting to move into management
- Personal assistants to senior male managers
The Course Content
Day One: Understanding Myself
- Personality theories
- Psychometric Tests – Johari Windows, MSQ
- Confidence and Self Esteem
- Recognising strengths and minimizing weaknesses
- Origins of self- doubt and negative thinking
- Emotional resilience
Day Two: Mastering Interpersonal Communication
- Importance of good communication
- Barriers to communication
- The art of effective listening
- Asking good questions
- Using non-verbal communication
- Building rapport
Day Three: Power, Persuasion and Influence
- Understanding the concept of power bases
- Importance of knowing what's going on: keeping yourself informed
- Enhancing your reputation: building good working relationships
- How to persuade without coercion
- Putting forward sound ideas and arguments
- Influencing through self-projection
Day Four: The Art of Presentations
- The concept of ‘presence’
- Vocal qualities and voice projection
- Qualities of good and poor presentations
- Use of visual aids
- Planning and practising
- Individual presentations
Day Five: Psychology in the Workplace
- Motivation: Why work?
- Behaviour at work – engagement and commitment
- Conflict and conflict management
- Dealing with difficult people
- Conclusions and action plan
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course
© 2024. Material published by AZTech shown here is copyrighted. All rights reserved. Any unauthorized copying, distribution, use, dissemination, downloading, storing (in any medium), transmission, reproduction or reliance in whole or any part of this course outline is prohibited and will constitute an infringement of copyright.