Professional Recognition and Accreditation
- This is an HR Certification Institute (HRCI) Pre-Approved Programme*
Why Choose this Training Course?
An effective coaching process will include a range of techniques from communication skills, counselling techniques, human psychological processes and an understanding of human development. This course will introduce participants to the core skills of Workplace Coaching and will focus on the application of these skills in the Oil and Gas Environment.
This course will feature:
- Explore Cultural issues and Coaching
- Coaching as an essential skill for leadership success
- Practical skills workshop conducted each day where what has be learnt will be put into practice
- Developed to address the core coaching competencies needed to act as a coach in an Oil & Gas environment
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate coaching skills suitable for the Oil & Gas Industry
- Utilise modern coaching techniques in the workplace
- Choose the correct coaching model and techniques to get the results
- Apply motivational coaching techniques
- Prepare a coaching session suitable for use in the Oil & Gas Industry
Who is this Training Course for?
This training course is suitable for anyone who wishes to develop their skills in coaching others. Participants would be expected to have competence in communication skills, though these will be further developed in this course. In particular this course would suit:
- Managers, Supervisors and Team Leaders in the Oil & Gas Industry
- Human Resource (HR) personnel
- People who need to coach others in their day-to-day work
- Anyone involved in learning & development or talent management
How will this be Presented?
This training course will be presented in a highly collaborative presentation style. Individual and group activities will intersperse the sessions. Video presentations will highlight the major teaching features. A variety of Practical Sessions and Role Plays and group interaction are programmed into this Course.
The Course Content
Day One: Coaching Foundation
- Distinguishing between coaching, mentoring and counselling
- How does coaching differ in the Oil & Gas Industry
- Coaching process elements and how they interrelate
- Key coaching skills
- Meeting ethical guidelines and professional standards
- Workshop: Coaching skills evaluated
Day Two: Advanced Communication for Coaching
- Understanding your personal communication style
- Asking versus telling
- Active listening & questioning techniques
- SOLER Model for coaching
- Language - verbal and non-verbal
- Workshop: Feedback with Emotional Intelligence
Day Three: Co-Creating the Relationship
- Oil & Gas Industry – Case Studies
- Motivational coaching
- The Coaching Cycle
- Preparation, Explanation, Demonstration and Imitation
- Consolidation and Review in the Cycle
- Workshop: Plan a coaching session
Day Four: Mentoring & Coaching
- Workshop: Reviewed coaching session
- Coaching & mentoring - the differences
- Corporate mentorship programs
- Most commonly used techniques among mentors
- Career planning & Talent Management
- Workshop: Career Planning in the Oil & Gas Industry
Day Five: Facilitating Learning and Results
- Understanding human development and learning
- Learning Styles – Honey & Mumford
- Coaching Generation ‘X’ & ‘Y’
- Hofstede's cultural dimensions
- Culture & coaching
- Coaching for success in the Oil & Gas Industry
- AZTech Certificate of Attendance for delegates who attend and complete the course.
- The HRCI Approved Provider Seal and the corresponding Re-certification Credit Hours Awarded will be reflected in the Certificate of Attendance.